Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What do you look fwd to?

thegiver

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 9:50 pm
Dovid hamelech says who desires life, the one who loves days to see good.

I'm trying to challenge myself to look forward to the future. I've noticed been dreading Sundays dreading carpool dreading toiling in general. Dreading summer dreading winter dreading the day!! Dreading the night dreading busyness

So I've started a new initiative to look forward to 7 things every week or perhaps every day ...some daily things, some future oriented things. I'm looking forward to.... Breathing the fresh cool air, to greeting my children with a morning smile, to giving tzedaka in the morning, to waking up first, to a crunchy vegetable, to hot coffee, to learning something new (pick something specific), to visiting a relative.

Can you help me add to this list? What do you look forward to in life? How do you make shabbos fun? Your marriage fun? (Pls nothing explicit) Parenting fun? The seasons fun? How do you enjoy the long days that all seem the same.... where do you create cherished moments instead of waiting for them to happen on their own?

What helps you have a good attitude when everything feels chaotic?

Last edited by thegiver on Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 11:06 pm
I'm looking forward to sharing in a family simcha this week.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 11:40 pm
Duplicate post

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 11:40 pm
Its a perspective shift. Opting to focus on the good automatically gives the bad or negative less energy.
There is a thank you hashem whatsapp group.there are thank you hashem websites. A story such as the one from tzipi caton who oived through a terrible illness and chose to see the brochos in her life instead of the very obvious not..she mentions in her story( google her) attitude of gratitude. Its effort, but well worth it
Good luck.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 11:41 pm
At the end of every day "What am I grateful for"
I had to do it in college re my husband and even though I made some of it up it really helped our relationship
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational