Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
1st time Vyvanse

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:28 am
So my kid tried 20 vyvanse for the first time today for hyperactivity. And while it might have helped with the hyperactivity, my kid was overly emotional, crying, whining-- way out of the norm for them. Little things brought tears.
I called the doc who said to lower the dose...

Is this normal? Is this a usual side effect or something for the first few days? I cant send to school on Monday like this.

I need support. First time trying meds...

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:03 am
Vyvanse made dh extremely angry and irritable.

mom of cuties

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:25 am
Vyvanse made DS extremely irritable and moody/withdrawn. In addition it caused him to have stomaches and while under the effect of the meds he would bite and pick his fingers and nails terribly until they literally bled.

We are still trying to find the right meds that will work efficiently without side effects or at least minimal side effects. It's a process we tried so many already- hope you have better luck and find your solution quicky

Best of luck!

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:50 am
Call your doc, it may not be the right medicine. My son had that with ritalin and we switched him to vyvanse and that worked better for him, but its very individual

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 7:30 am
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
Vyvanse made dh extremely angry and irritable.

this

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 7:34 am
When my child started this medication, that also happened the first two days. The pediatrician said that was totally normal and just to hydrate very well. His principal at school also so that was very normal for kids on this medication and to be patient for a couple days. About two days later everything was great. It just takes a couple days for the body to adjust.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)