Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How do you exercise?
1  2  Next

How do you exercise?
Scheduled class at a gym or dance studio  
 14%  [ 19 ]
Drop in to a gym (exercise equipment outside your residence)  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Walking/jogging outdoors  
 36%  [ 47 ]
Exercise equipment in my house (treadmill, elliptical, etc.)  
 17%  [ 22 ]
Exercise in my house, watching an exercise video  
 21%  [ 27 ]
Exercise at home, on my own (ex. self-made routine of stretches, crunches, etc.)  
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 128

bigsis144

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 8:44 am
Trying to stay motivated while exercising on my own is hard! What do you do?

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 8:48 am
I could only check off one answer but really I do both walking and exercise videos. I think it's a personal thing. Personally I prefer exercising by myself to taking a class but that's me. My suggestion is finding something you like that works for you. Different trainers are different and what works for one won't work for someone else. I am best about doing it when I have a period of time without my kids to do it in, is that an option for you?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 9:01 am
I checked off at home exercise video (youtube) but I also do treadmill

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:02 am
I have a personal trainer at home, but I would like to drop her and get a treadmill instead. I have her twice a week and I WOULD do the treadmill every day for an hour.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:09 am
Mixture of YouTube videos and elliptical in my room

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:21 am
weekly dance class on sunday, strength at gym at least one night a week (makeshift at home if I can't make it, but more thorough in gym), walks at lunchtime on work campus or after dinner with dogs, long run or hike on weekends, short run as possible... variety means something usually sticks when life gets crazy and something sounds appealing so I don't get bored

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:02 pm
Can anyone link YouTube videos that they do? I have a hard time figuring out what good.
Also how do you watch them? My phone screen is tiny and it's hard to follow along.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:04 pm
Leslie Sansone walk at home videos (I watch on youtube for free) or I just go walking around my neighborhood for the amount of time I can spare. I try to walk daily. I save the other videos for when I can't get out due to kids or weather. I put on tunes or a podcast in a single Bluetooth earbud when I walk and also when I'm at home on Sundays trying to get various household things done to keep me on my toes.

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:07 pm
I do with my own equipment (rower) at home. I find that I like to stop before I’m worn out, and the pressure of a timed class or video bothers me. Like this I can do my 3 minutes (now up to 7+) and feel good, and as many times per day as I want.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:08 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
Can anyone link YouTube videos that they do? I have a hard time figuring out what good.
Also how do you watch them? My phone screen is tiny and it's hard to follow along.

I make do with my phone screen.

YouTube videos I like include:
Madfit (especially her fifteen minute dance videos)
Body fit by amy
Jessica smith
Jessica pumple
Fitness blender

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:08 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I do with my own equipment (rower) at home. I find that I like to stop before I’m worn out, and the pressure of a timed class or video bothers me. Like this I can do my 3 minutes (now up to 7+) and feel good, and as many times per day as I want.

Do you recommend your rower and if yes can you share what brand?

dena613

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:10 pm
I selected walking outside.

But I also (and I'm the winter, primarily) turn on music and dance in my house!!! I'm front of mirror for more fun!!!

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:11 pm

I recently got into exercising for the first time and am loving it!! It makes me feel so much happier and healthier.

Started out with this video - https://youtu.be/yL_dE81O_mw - which I found to be really fun. The instructor gives great instructions.

It really exhausted me though, so I started just going to the gym and doing the elliptical. I really enjoy doing that! I watched a YouTube video to learn how to properly do it.

These days I’m doing a mix of the gym and a 30 day ab workout app that Esteez on Instagram shared - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/.....02266

The app is excellent. It walks you through each step of your exercise and assigns a specific number of sit ups, crunches, leg raises and planks each day. I find it to be hard but rewarding.

My plan is to continue going to the gym and doing the daily workouts on my app. Once I finish the 30 days on the ab workout app, I’ll download a different app by the same developer for a different part of my body. They have a bunch of 30 day workout apps.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Do you recommend your rower and if yes can you share what brand?

I got the Concept2 and I’m very happy with it. I wanted one that would last a lifetime and this is it.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:39 pm
I do zoom classes at home and really enjoy it. I also walk outside.

mra01385

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:46 pm
When do you all ladies find time to do your excercise between working and taking care of family and house?

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:48 pm

I love pamela reif vids!

https://www.youtube.com/c/PamelaRf1

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:48 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
I do zoom classes at home and really enjoy it. I also walk outside.

anyone know where I can join some zoom classes?

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:24 pm
A 40 minute workout on instagram.
Walking

rikkik

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:36 pm
ummm personal trainer (wasn't one of the options)
It is something that I splurge on.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise