Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
New Business-Advice

Oldest

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:30 pm
Hi,
I'm looking to start a new business creating and selling custom t-shirts. Any advice?

1) Any advice in general for starting and setting up a new business re business plan and taxes

2) I would like to create the tshirts myself rather than outsourcing the printing. At the moment I cannot afford a tshirt printer at the moment, and I would like it to look more professional than a simple ironed on design...

3) If you do something similar and outsource the printing, where do you send it to? How much should it cost?

If you do something similar to this, or If you've started your own business in the past, please post your advice and experience!!

TIA!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:52 pm
I can only help regarding #1. Get a good accountant and let him handle all that.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:17 pm
Oldest wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking to start a new business creating and selling custom t-shirts. Any advice?

1) Any advice in general for starting and setting up a new business re business plan and taxes

2) I would like to create the tshirts myself rather than outsourcing the printing. At the moment I cannot afford a tshirt printer at the moment, and I would like it to look more professional than a simple ironed on design...

3) If you do something similar and outsource the printing, where do you send it to? How much should it cost?

If you do something similar to this, or If you've started your own business in the past, please post your advice and experience!!

TIA!

To answer your quesions:

1) Suggest getting an EIN number if you don't want to become a LLC and Sales Tax Resellers License

2) Many tshirt printers have monthly payment options or suggest Printify if your looking to outsource for now. (If your looking to do a website, Shopify works great with printify or any customs)

3) Like I mentioned Printify, you can't really base your price on double or the same as others since every print and business is different. Just take in mind the cost, shipping, taxes, and credit card processing fees.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics