Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Please help me find a dress

Mommy of 2

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 5:55 pm
Please help... For those in the fashion know, my mom is a young (53) looking size 16 who has always been comfortable with her body shape and type, always happy etc.. But now, all my aunts and uncles are marrying children off and we would love to take her somewhere to buy her that one, perfect, flattering dress that she could have a lot of use out of at the upcoming weddings. Please guide us in a direction that you have had success with; Be it a store, (name and location in New York) or a web site (not as ideal because we need to see her in it)

Money isnt really a huge issue, as we hope to have use out of it. Thank u in advance

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:22 pm
I’m 52 and a size 16, with, um, substantial hips and backside. I do well with two frum brands - Ivee and Front Row. I also have a lot of success with separates. You can now find beautiful formal jacket style tops in frum stores and in the department stores.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:02 pm
Exquisite dresses. They have a location in boro park and Monsey. They don’t have a huge selection for that size range but they do have enough. My mom is that size and a bit older and she always found dresses there. Another option is the genuine shop in Monsey. They cater more to the chassidish crowd but they have a lot of beautiful pieces there and they have very classy nice pieces and a pretty large selection
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics