Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Floor time preschool in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:18 pm
There's a big chance I might need to get my son a diagnosis and send him to one of these specialized preschools for next year. I would like to start doing research to see which one would be a good fit for him. He is socially and language delayed which is why I prefer more of a floor time approach as apposed to ABA. Does anyone have any info on any of these preschools?
Also, what type of kids go to the integrated class in The Center and do they go trough insurance or is it only Board of Ed?

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 1:51 pm
Center is through the board of ed, and they have to send you out of district. Stars is also through the board of ed, but it works differently - you can decide to send there as long as you qualify for certain things, not sure exactly though . They do floortime and have a great program, and they focus on what you are loooking for. Not sure which insurance places do floortime.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 4:36 pm
Stars is an excellent special ed, non-public school. They spend a lot of the day following a Floortime model.

yesery

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 4:38 pm
Rabbi Benstien has a floor-time preschool. I believe it’s called firefly.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:59 pm
Does anyone know anything about Malkie Nussbaum from Achieve Behavioral Therapy ? Anyone know of she's good or if the kids progress in her program?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics