Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
In bed with covid
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 12:33 pm
Feeling lousy and bored. Any interesting youtube suggestions?

SYA

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 12:58 pm
If you can get the monocal antibodies treatment within the first 48 hours it's the most effective and lessens severity and length of Covid.

SYA

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 12:59 pm
Toveedo has some women's productions on their site. Not sure if you can rent the video or need a full subscription.

yidishmamma

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:01 pm
Refuah shlaima !!

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:03 pm
What type of videos interest you?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:06 pm
Just for laugh gags
Refuah sheleima!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:12 pm
SYA wrote:
If you can get the monocal antibodies treatment within the first 48 hours it's the most effective and lessens severity and length of Covid.

They won't approve if no pre-existing condition.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
What type of videos interest you?

I enjoyed the Peter Santanello series, not just the ones on chasidim.

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:21 pm
Quote:
It's an artificial products whose long term effects are unknown but seems to prevent person from producing their own antibodies, so watch out!

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:26 pm
OP, how are you feeling? Do you have brain fog (which makes it hard to focus on anything not made for kids) or are able to watch content like Crash Course?

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:38 pm
Mark Rober has some really interesting scientific videos.
Michelle khare has some videos where she tries out fire academy, police academy, training like the FBI etc
Mr beast
Yes theory
Zach King

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 3:40 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
It's an artificial products whose long term effects are unknown but seems to prevent person from producing their own antibodies, so watch out!

Can you explain how it prevents a person from producing their own antibodies? Ty

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I enjoyed the Peter Santanello series, not just the ones on chasidim.
I came here to suggest these Smile

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:40 pm
In most frum communities they will give the antibody infusion to any adult that has symptoms and tests positive or that had exposure to anyone with covid
I know tons of people who took and it literally saves them. Within 24 hours the symptoms of the virus is usually gone.
It's not any more dangerous then the vaccine - and actually I know many antivaxers that had no problem getting the infusion right away when they got the virus:)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:42 pm
Many of my relatives and friends that are not high risk got the infusion
Covid could be dangerous and could have long term effects on people

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:43 pm
If you wouldn't get the vaccine then you shouldn't get the antibody treatment. It's equally experimental and dangerous

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:50 pm
I second Mark Rober. And there's a lot of content there- entertaining and interesting and informative.

For ridiculous laughs, check out James Veitch.

I've recently discovered Jar of Fireflies, a frum giyores who lives in Texas and homeschools and vlogs about her life, including the basics of frum life. It's a very relaxed pace. I found her three-part series on her conversion fascinating.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:54 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
If you wouldn't get the vaccine then you shouldn't get the antibody treatment. It's equally experimental and dangerous

Monoclonal antibodies is not a new therapeutic, it's only new for covid. It's been around for a while.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:55 pm
If I was in need of a therapeutic, I would prefer actual blood plasma from a recovered person to the artificial monoclonal antibodies, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:57 pm
Written in 2014:

From the time the first monoclonal antibody was generated in 1975 and the first monoclonal antibody fully licenced in 1986, the field of monoclonal antibody development represents a novel way in which to target specific mutations and defects in protein structure and expression in a wide range of diseases and conditions. Today, with major rapid advancements in genetic sequencing and the translation of basic medical sciences research into clinical practice, humanised monoclonal antibodies are now the fastest growing group of biotechnology-derived molecules in clinical trials currently [1]. The global value of the antibody market is approximately $20 billion per year [2]. About 30 monoclonal antibodies are currently approved by the FDA for use in humans for treating various diseases and conditions including: cancer, chronic inflammatory diseases, transplantation, infectious diseases and cardiovascular diseases [3].
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics