Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for a pediatric opthamologist In NY

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:29 pm
Looking for a pediatric opthamologist In NY. someone who specializes in kids with learning issues.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:35 pm
Following.
Except I am looking for one that specializes in lazy eyes...

SingALong

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 11:33 pm
Dr Steele

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 11:38 pm
Dr Steven Brooks, Columbia Opthalmology

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 1:25 am
An optometrist might be better for what you are looking for. I wish I had gone for one with my DD. She had surgery (by one of the doctors mentioned) and was told years later that the surgery probably made her vision worse.

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 1:43 am
Ophthalmologist Campollataro was recommended to me and I was happy with the practice, see link: https://www.childrenseyeny.com.....taro/

For one of my children he referred me to more specialized optometrist, Cooper Eye Care, also in Manhattan. This one was not in our insurance plan so it cost quite a bunch... the first one takes a lot of insurances.

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:15 am
I use dr frederick wang but I dont know if he specializes in children with learning issues, but he "saved" my sons eyesight. He is in Manhattan and Scarsdale.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:08 am
I used to use Eric Lichtenstein for my autistic son until he stopped taking my insurance. I tried many eye doctors since then, but didn't feel that any were able to successfully evaluate an extremely challenging kid. If your kid is behavioral, it's worth traveling to Queens for Dr. Lichtenstein. If he's not on your insurance, from the doctors recommended above who I tried, Dr. Steele's group is the best. Dr. Wang's waiting room is the worst place for a child who can't handle sensory overload.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:10 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Dr Steven Brooks, Columbia Opthalmology

Yes he’s lovely

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:23 am
cuties' mom wrote:
I used to use Eric Lichtenstein for my autistic son until he stopped taking my insurance. I tried many eye doctors since then, but didn't feel that any were able to successfully evaluate an extremely challenging kid. If your kid is behavioral, it's worth traveling to Queens for Dr. Lichtenstein. If he's not on your insurance, from the doctors recommended above who I tried, Dr. Steele's group is the best. Dr. Wang's waiting room is the worst place for a child who can't handle sensory overload.

Dr ilana Friedman from ODA is the absolute best. She’s kind, patient, an excellent diagnostician, talks you through everything, looks at the whole picture, etc. the waiting room is a very calm place as well. I usually take the first appointment of the day to make it even more relaxing. The nurses are extremely nice and calm over there.
She’s a pediatric ophthalmologist but does not jump to surgery or therapy without trying everything else first.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries