Home

Please help me find a coat for my 1 year old

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


sillymommy




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 10:09 pm
Something warm, somewhat in style, and under $100.

Thanks Smile
Back to top

r1




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 10:31 pm
Following:)
Back to top

amother




NeonPink
 

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 10:35 pm
I ordered one from ali for $23 that's supposed to be very good
https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....af37e
Back to top

mushkale




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 11:06 pm
If it doesn't have to be online, Burlington Coat Factory has great options. Been getting for my kids for the last 4 years. Just went today and had great stuff for good prices.
Back to top

amother




Blonde
 

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 11:50 pm
Check out the frum website, I've seen some coats under $100.
You can also check out on Amazon "orangemom" brand coats. I heard they're great coats.
Back to top

amother




Topaz
 

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 11:52 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
I ordered one from ali for $23 that's supposed to be very good
https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....af37e


Can you let us know how it is when you receive it please?
Back to top

amother




Topaz
 

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Check out the frum website, I've seen some coats under $100.
You can also check out on Amazon "orangemom" brand coats. I heard they're great coats.


Interestingly, it is 3.5- 4 stars...
Back to top

Momima




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 12:01 am
I got the Buckingham coat for a one year old last year it is a frum brand that got at a local store. Paid about 70-80 range. Was very happy with it great quality and warm.
Back to top

amother




Clear
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 4:53 am
I love the cheap children's place puffers 🤷‍♀️. I buy two since my kid likes to snack in the stroller and gets it dirty so this way I can toss it in the wash and have a back up to wear in the meantime.
Back to top

amother




Feverfew
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:37 am
https://www.zara.com/us/en/col.....88812

It is reversible, but I like the grey. Boy or Girl?
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:39 am
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
https://www.zara.com/us/en/colorblock-reversible-puffer-coat-p05992590.html?v1=139866748&v2=1888812

It is reversible, but I like the grey. Boy or Girl?


Just be aware zara coats are terrible quality. The zippers break right away and they rip.
Back to top

amother




Brown
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:46 am
I'm not sure why you are saying that about Zara's coats, I've had at least 4 jackets from them between my kids, I never once had a issue. In fact, I even loaned them out. The only issue I had with some is that the fabric turned shiny after 2 years, which is normal wear and tear. I'm glad it's not a Jewish brand that you are bashing but before you talk out right saying a broad comment, think if maybe this was just your own experience. I just had last year, my son's brand new appaman jacket got caught somewhere and tore, so do I say "Appaman" is a terrible company?
Back to top

sillymommy




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 11:11 am
Thank you for all the responses!
Its a boy, by the way.
Just wondering, most of these coats only start in size 2T. My baby is small, wearing size 12 months. Anyone find a coat like these in smaller sizes?
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 11:14 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I'm not sure why you are saying that about Zara's coats, I've had at least 4 jackets from them between my kids, I never once had a issue. In fact, I even loaned them out. The only issue I had with some is that the fabric turned shiny after 2 years, which is normal wear and tear. I'm glad it's not a Jewish brand that you are bashing but before you talk out right saying a broad comment, think if maybe this was just your own experience. I just had last year, my son's brand new appaman jacket got caught somewhere and tore, so do I say "Appaman" is a terrible company?


I don’t know why you are talking it personally I’m not bashing anything. I’ve spoken to many that had the exact same issues. It’s a very common issue. I’m just letting people know before they spend the money. I’m glad you had a good experience.
Back to top

amother




Lightcoral
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 11:19 am
I like gap coats. Warm good quality last for years. I pass them down


https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent


https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent
Back to top

honeymoon




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 11:23 am
sillymommy wrote:
Thank you for all the responses!
Its a boy, by the way.
Just wondering, most of these coats only start in size 2T. My baby is small, wearing size 12 months. Anyone find a coat like these in smaller sizes?


It's good to size up with coats. A perfectly fitted coat can become uncomfortable, especially in a stroller. Also, you need to leave room for when the kid wears thicker tops beneath it. My one year old is wearing an 18 months coat from last season and he is a very thin kid.
Back to top

amother




Eggshell
 

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:20 pm
I got this one for my almost 2 year old, size 12-18 months

https://www.zara.com/us/en/wat.....88812
Back to top

amother




Iris
 

Post Mon, Nov 22 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
I like gap coats. Warm good quality last for years. I pass them down


https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent


https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent



Hi, I see they have it on sale now, I’m wondering if you’ve bought any of the 2? Are mid-weight jackets considered warm enough for NY winter for 1 year olds?
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Jewish cds (English speakers) for 2 and 3 year old
by jfk92
7 Today at 2:33 am View last post
Kallah wear a coat at Ateres Charna
by amother
3 Yesterday at 9:25 pm View last post
Warm down puffer coat inexpensive for dh?
by amother
4 Yesterday at 9:20 pm View last post
Fitbit 6-7 year old
by amother
15 Yesterday at 2:42 pm View last post
Gift for 13 year old girl under $30
by amother
1 Yesterday at 10:42 am View last post
by lfab