Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Weekend getaway with nearby restaurants for Shabbos meals
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:03 pm
Hi, we’re pretty desperate for a shabbos getaway, without any work…no cooking, shlepping and heating food in hotels… we want to have a shul nearby as well restaurants that serve shabbos meals… willing to drive up to 6 hours from Brooklyn, for something exotic. Change of scenery. Vintage or modern, or ocean views…but something unique. That’s what makes Florida so user friendly, but we don’t want to fly this time..thanks

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:27 pm
Did you mean to post this in the Vacations forum (instead of Vaccinations)?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:31 pm
Go to the wave in deal! I hear salt is doing shabbos meals. It’s really pretty there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:40 pm
Haha! Belongs in vacations…how do we change that? I actually called salt, they don’t do shabbos meals now

challahchallah

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Haha! Belongs in vacations…how do we change that? I actually called salt, they don’t do shabbos meals now

I reported your post so a mod can move it. Sorry I don’t have any suggestions but a getaway sounds great—I hope you find something good!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:51 pm
UWS!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:58 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
UWS!

What’s that?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What’s that?

The upper west side! Friday night meals at Talais. Full kiddish pretty much every shul

Kaybee

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:07 pm
I see Melour resort in Hunter Mountain advertised they are open for shabbos.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:29 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
The upper west side! Friday night meals at Talais. Full kiddish pretty much every shul

I came here to say this. We live on uws and do shabbos dinner at Talia for a "getaway ". It's great

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I came here to say this. We live on uws and do shabbos dinner at Talia for a "getaway ". It's great

Do they also do shabbos day meals? We prefer going to restaurant then kiddush at shul. Also, what would be the nicest hotel in the area? Nice shul?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do they also do shabbos day meals? We prefer going to restaurant then kiddush at shul. Also, what would be the nicest hotel in the area? Nice shul?

Not sure if they do Shabbos lunch; I don’t think so since there’s a huge kiddish culture here (I live here too) depends on what type of shul you’re looking forward (small shtiebel to large young Israel and everything in between and on either side)

This hotel has lots of good word of mouth, but I’ve never stayed there (I live here)

https://www.arthousehotelnyc.c.....aw.ds

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:39 pm
Well the Mandarin Oriental is gorgeous if you are looking for over the top. But it's a walk... so I'd only do that in really nice weather
There's the Wallace closer but also a walk. Don't know of any really nice hotels in immediate area. As far as shul, I love the area shuls...not sure what you are looking for though. OZ is my personal favorite but there are many and all great. Best potato kugel would be chabad of course. Most beautiful architecture would be Spanish Portuguese. And there is the wonderful Vorhand shteibel among others.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:42 pm
Thanks! Would love a more exotic weekend, perhaps Amish town style with good kosher dining. Lol. Asking for too much?

kenz

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:44 pm
I believe New Hampshire has a kosher B&B that is supposed to be very nice.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:50 pm
kenz wrote:
I believe New Hampshire has a kosher B&B that is supposed to be very nice.

That was the Arlington hotel but not sure it's still operational..

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Would love a more exotic weekend, perhaps Amish town style with good kosher dining. Lol. Asking for too much?

Yes

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:54 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
That was the Arlington hotel but not sure it's still operational..

The hotel was sold, it's not a kosher hotel anymore.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:56 pm
Anything in Maine? Jersey? Philly?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anything in Maine? Jersey? Philly?

Jersey shore has some gorgeous hotels. You could then buy food at the neptune shoprite- a lot of ready made options- but you said you didn't want to deal with heating up.

I actually think uws is great this time of year. Central park is gorgeous. No Amish people here tho.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics