Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What can an INTJ/5 offer their family and friends?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:27 pm
What can INTJ/5s offer their family and friends when this personality seems to be suited for lone life and studying?

number

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:54 pm
?? Are you saying that people whose MBTI is INTJ are only suited for the lone life and studying? First off MBTI isn't research based. Second everyone is capable of building their own home life. Just make sure you build a lifestyle that allows for plenty of alone time.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 1:01 pm
I am the brains and the organizer in my house. I keep the budget in line and the family on time. I am not a good nurturer but I love my family and they know it!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:26 pm
Incredibly efficient household management. The ability to keep your own emotions out of it when dealing with your child’s crisis. The ability to give really good solid advice when asked.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:28 pm
No human being is only suited for lone life. No one. And I am intimately familiar with this personality type.
They are mushy romantics beneath it all. They may not always know how to validate emotions, or have the need to vent their own emotions, but…
They have the same human needs as all of us to love and be loved, to be needed, respected, and connected.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:37 pm
my dh is an intj and he is incredibly giving. My kids think he's smart, funny and capable and just awesome and I agree when he isn't totally frustrated with me and driving me nuts trying to get me to figure out how to change. He takes my kids on trips, plays games with them, talks to the about random topics that I don't know much about.... He's often the one who can defuse a situation when everyone is cranky...Yes he does have a lot of issues with people but he's probably one of the people who I feel has the most to offer and that's why it's hard when he feels squashed, that he can't "give. The difficulty is not what he can offer but that sometimes he feels he would be better off just left alone.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:46 pm
They give absolutely great advice!! (Just make sure to ask if it's wanted in advance) I think this is their way of showing they care.

He makes a wonderful parent. It's incredible watching him interacting with our kids. So much patients and so caring.

INTJ keep their caring loving side from most people - they may come across as cold or distant but the special people in their life know their true personalities.

And even though they come across as a loner, some love spending tons of time with immediate family.

I forgot to add, the sense if humour is fabulous, but usually reserved for their nearest and dearest.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:51 pm
Dh is INTJ. He told me he heard a vort that the next world is you being stuck alone with yourself. And depending on who you are, it's either gan eden or gehenom. And he said "I'd be thrilled" I always joke that he just wants to be alone in life. But he does love our kids, he's super organized, and emotionally healthy, striving forward and working on his middos, (but frustrated with all the other people who don't work on their middos enough.) He can be very funny at times, like a nerdy old dad.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:53 pm
Zehava wrote:
No human being is only suited for lone life. No one. And I am intimately familiar with this personality type.
They are mushy romantics beneath it all. They may not always know how to validate emotions, or have the need to vent their own emotions, but…
They have the same human needs as all of us to love and be loved, to be needed, respected, and connected.
I think this personality type may be predisposed to a stress response that shuts down their need for attachment.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Dh is INTJ. He told me he heard a vort that the next world is you being stuck alone with yourself. And depending on who you are, it's either gan eden or gehenom. And he said "I'd be thrilled" I always joke that he just wants to be alone in life. But he does love our kids, he's super organized, and emotionally healthy, striving forward and working on his middos, (but frustrated with all the other people who don't work on their middos enough.) He can be very funny at times, like a nerdy old dad.

Yes, so stable and heathy. No mood swings, always happy.

My kids BH have this from DH and most teachers have commented on their stable, happy personalities.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 3:00 pm
you might want to look at this
https://cloverleaf.me/
my intj husband works for this company and is a big fan. It basically shows you how you can work with other people regardless of the personalities involved.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
I think this personality type may be predisposed to a stress response that shuts down their need for attachment.

Yes absolutely. But when they heal and get to a better place it reawakens.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 3:15 pm
INTJ married to INTJ here. We love our kids, we are organized and focused and we absolutely understand each other's needs for alone time. We also enjoy our family time very very much. I don't even understand your question tbh since we thrive in our intellectually stimulating environment and our children inherited our personalities.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 3:16 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yes absolutely. But when they heal and get to a better place it reawakens.
Not everyone has the ability to heal. Especially if they live with stress on a constant basis.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 3:17 pm
stonewash-wow sounds awesome.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 3:34 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
Not everyone has the ability to heal. Especially if they live with stress on a constant basis.

Everyone can heal to the extent that they can find their humanity again

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 4:04 pm
Zehava wrote:
Everyone can heal to the extent that they can find their humanity again
I don’t know why you’re so sure.

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 4:12 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
I don’t know why you’re so sure.

Why are you attacking her? She means if they have the motivation or opportunity. Even speaking torahdig, a yid never gives up.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 4:50 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
stonewash-wow sounds awesome.

Thank you!

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 4:53 pm
nchr wrote:
Why are you attacking her? She means if they have the motivation or opportunity. Even speaking torahdig, a yid never gives up.
I’m not attacking.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette