Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Amazon refund for items that arrived late

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:57 pm
Wasn't sure where to post this.
I ordered some items from Amazon (I'm in Israel). They were supposed to arrive no later than October 13. They did not arrive until yesterday, which was a week past the date. I tried to look up tracking information on Amazon but it merely stated that my package was late and "may be lost". So I wrote them an e-mail. They wrote back and said they would refund me fully for the items. Good and well.
Then, out of the blue, today a private delivery service turned up and delivered the items.
Does Amazon routinely refund for late packages? Should I write to them and try to return the refund, because the package arrived after all?
Wondering what the halachic perspective on that is. I'll probably AYLOR it, but has anyone else experience with Amazon policy regarding this? Are they "okay" with refunding even though the items get to the customer in the end?

singleagain

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 1:28 pm
Your not the only one with this question. I found a few links ... And there are more.

https://sellercentral.amazon.c.....en_US

https://www.reddit.com/r/legal.....share

twizzlers1

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:02 pm
Something similar happened to me. It said undeliverable on the app and they refunded the money. It wound up coming 2 days later. I called and they recharged my credit card. It could be had I not called I would not have been breaking any law. But I know when people sell on Amazon that it's the seller that loses out on the money. I would not have felt comfortable keeping up perfectly good product without them getting paid. Obviously if it came damaged or super super late it might have been different.

animeme

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:10 pm
I had this. Amazon told me my package to Israel was considered lost, about a week before it was supposed to arrive. They said they would refund me. But it arrived a day before it was supposed to. I went back to my Amazon account, and the status had changed from "lost" to "delivered." And my credit card was charged, only once- it turns out the were only charging me when delivered.

HH613

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 3:28 pm
I don’t know if it’s different for Israel as I’m in the US but I’ve had many times where they said “we’re so sorry your package is lost. If it doesn’t come by X date you can request a refund.” I go back on X date and it says something like “we’re so sorry your package is lost. You can request a refund here. Your item may still be delivered at a later date.” So they’re acknowledging that you deserve a refund and also acknowledging that you may still end up with the package (for free!)

mindyme

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 5:13 pm
HH613 wrote:
I don’t know if it’s different for Israel as I’m in the US but I’ve had many times where they said “we’re so sorry your package is lost. If it doesn’t come by X date you can request a refund.” I go back on X date and it says something like “we’re so sorry your package is lost. You can request a refund here. Your item may still be delivered at a later date.” So they’re acknowledging that you deserve a refund and also acknowledging that you may still end up with the package (for free!)

This. On amazon.com shipped to Israel. I have sent a few orders there, they seem to have troubles finding my kid's apartment some days and not others. I got that exact message, chatted for the refund, and then yes the things showed up a few days later. I didn't feel I needed to go back and tell them it came - they for sure know, and it wasn't like I initiated - they offered the refund.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains