Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Should I take off my sheitel at a doctor's appointment?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:09 pm
This is for a general medical check-up. I was thinking of taking it off when the assistant gives me a backwards cotton tunic to put on. But I want the doctor to see me as I look to the world, with my good sheitel on.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is for a general medical check-up. I was thinking of taking it off when the assistant gives me a backwards cotton tunic to put on. But I want the doctor to see me as I look to the world, with my good sheitel on.

No, why?

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:11 pm
Why would you is he checking your head? I feel like I’m missing something?

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:12 pm
I only take it off for dermatology appointments because I have dandruff.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:31 pm
No. Depending on how thorough the physical assessment is, s/he may want to palpate your head. In which case, you can just let him know you are wearing a wig and are fine to take it off while he examines your head.

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:37 pm
What in the world...unless you're getting your head checked for lice or a tumor there is no reason to remove your head covering.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:42 pm
I only take off whatever is necessary, so for the dermatologist I have removed my wig to show a rash in that area, but for a regular doctor's appointment I wouldn't.
(One time I was wearing a hat fall that slipped off while I was laying down, I didn't rush to put it back on but wouldn't take it off unnecessarily)

4sure

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:46 pm
This post sounds weird all around.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 8:41 pm
this post sounds a little weird, sorry
you want ur doc to see you in your good sheital?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:27 pm
I think this maybe isn't so much about looking good as about feeling more confident in a vulnerable situation.

I agree that there is no need to remove a head covering. The only time people have done this for me is when I needed to examine their head. Even then, it was often only partially removed, just exposing the affected area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels