Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Vaccine card in NYC?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:51 am
Hi, I'm going to New York for a couple of days. Do I just need my vaccine card to get into restaurants? Is that enough? Do I need it anywhere else besides indoor dining? Tx

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:57 am
People 12 and older are required to show identification and proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine for:

Indoor dining

Includes restaurants, catering halls, hotel banquet rooms, bars, nightclubs, cafeterias, coffee shops, fast food restaurants, grocery stores with indoor dining and other indoor dining spaces

Indoor fitness

Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, dance studios and other indoor fitness studios, such as yoga or Pilates

Indoor entertainment and certain meeting spaces

Includes movie theaters, music and concert venues, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, hotel meeting and event spaces, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas

This requirement — called the Key to NYC — also means employees working at these locations must be vaccinated.

cnc

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:59 am
Yes

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:07 am
Oh! So vaccine cards and IDs! I'm going with my daughter and she doesn't have her license yet so we'll need to bring her passport. Thank you SO much for mentioning that!!!!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:12 am
Vaccine card and ID

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh! So vaccine cards and IDs! I'm going with my daughter and she doesn't have her license yet so we'll need to bring her passport. Thank you SO much for mentioning that!!!!

It is a good idea to get an official ID card because you can keep it in your wallet all the time versus a passport which most people don't want to carry around.

In most states, you can get one from the Motor Vehicle Bureau the same way you would get a drivers' license although obviously there is no driving test. Very Happy

fleetwood

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We usually show a passport picture on her phone...

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 12:26 pm
I thought IDs were racist.

Oh, ID is only racist for voting.

For everything else it is "show your papers" like a police state. Which NY is.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 12:36 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

No one asked for your opinion. Save your rants for the politics section..

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:06 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

It's only racist when it involves voting.

chestnut

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:18 pm
Amarante wrote:
People 12 and older are required to show identification and proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine for:

Indoor dining

Includes restaurants, catering halls, hotel banquet rooms, bars, nightclubs, cafeterias, coffee shops, fast food restaurants, grocery stores with indoor dining and other indoor dining spaces

Indoor fitness

Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, dance studios and other indoor fitness studios, such as yoga or Pilates

Indoor entertainment and certain meeting spaces

Includes movie theaters, music and concert venues, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, hotel meeting and event spaces, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas

This requirement — called the Key to NYC — also means employees working at these locations must be vaccinated.

Catering halls? As in wedding halls?

amother
Fern

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:24 pm
fleetwood wrote:
No one asked for your opinion. Save your rants for the politics section..

Here she goes again! This should be fun Popcorn

gold21

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:30 pm
It is very difficult for minorities to obtain ID, so this is clearly a racist policy.

OP, enjoy your trip to NYC.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:33 pm
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Here she goes again! This should be fun Popcorn

Can't people just answer the question?

gold21

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:36 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Can't people just answer the question?

Yes, I just feel that it's important to point out the disadvantage that this policy puts minority communities at.

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:50 pm
chestnut wrote:
Catering halls? As in wedding halls?

Yes. Why would a "wedding hall" not be required to adhere to the regulations. It is a catering hall - e.g. a place where people in large numbers will be gathering and won't be wearing masks because they are eating - it is essentially the same as a restaurant.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 2:02 pm
gold21 wrote:
Yes, I just feel that it's important to point out the disadvantage that this policy puts minority communities at.

Yes I'm sure you are just trying to be helpful but perhaps start a spinoff post in a different section

gold21

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 2:05 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Yes I'm sure you are just trying to be helpful but perhaps start a spinoff post in a different section

It's OK. I just felt called to do some advocacy work for those more disadvantaged than myself. The deed is done, and now I can bow it with grace. No spinoff required. I've done what I felt called to do.

#BLM
#BlackSquarePosted

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 2:24 pm
OP most places just ask for proof only vaccination which you can show them a picture of your vaccine card on your phone even. They dont match it up to an ID

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 6:07 pm
yes
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries