Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Bobs furniture reveiws

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:56 am
I'm looking for a new dining room set, anyone bought from bobs. I have one near me and plan on buying from there.
Have you bought there ans were u happy? Pls share

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:18 am
I bought a couch from them. It was what we were able to afford then.

They sold us a warrantee with it, and I confirmed with them that even if one of my kids takes a knife and stabs the seat, they will come out and fix it.

Long story short, they didn't fix my couch, and it's ripped in places. The pleather is peeling. And some of the cushions aren't puffy anymore.

So you definitely get what you pay for with the couch. You don't get anything from the warrantee though.

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:52 am
Every one I know who bought from Bobs regretted it.

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:57 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I bought a couch from them. It was what we were able to afford then.

They sold us a warrantee with it, and I confirmed with them that even if one of my kids takes a knife and stabs the seat, they will come out and fix it.

Long story short, they didn't fix my couch, and it's ripped in places. The pleather is peeling. And some of the cushions aren't puffy anymore.

So you definitely get what you pay for with the couch. You don't get anything from the warrantee though.

That's really not nice of them. What reason did they give for not taking care of the repair?

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 8:57 am
I'm happy with the dining room table I got from them. The chairs did not last though. My couch was super comfortable, but the leather peeled right off. I got the warranty, but they did nothing to honor it (other than send me apiece for one of the chairs that took three months to come).
If possible, buy from Costco for the quality and return policy if something isn't as expected.

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:00 am
Literally my entire house is furnished with furniture from Bobs. We have had our dining room set for 8 years now, and the table is in amazing condition (but see below). The chairs, not so much, but that is because of how they are used and abused. We purchased a couch at the same time as the rest of our furniture and loved it, it was amazingly comfortable, that we had to sell it because it did not fit in our house when we moved. We bought another couch set from there and sadly, it is not as good as the original. We have actually put in several claims on our couch and they will not back it. Still, with children and two dogs who do not treat our furniture gently, I am pretty impressed. Our bedroom furniture is holding up well also.

My only real word of caution, their customer service is horrendous and their “oops proof” warranty is worthless. The real downside to Bobs are the people who deliver and assemble your furniture. We purchased a bunkbed from them about 12 years ago and the guy used the back of the power drill as a hammer. In that instance, customer service did send somebody with a brand new bunkbed for us and they put it together properly. The guy who put together our dining room table went to far when putting the pedestal onto the table and it bubbled in a obvious way. They replaced that immediately for us as well and eight years later we are still going strong and very pleased. The couch that we got for years ago started collapsing right away in the middle and they were placed the couch. But the padding and the armrest is worthless and you cannot lay your head on the armrest because it is sharp. The customer service guy told me that a couch is not meant to lay down on. I was baffled. Just watch over them if they assemble your furniture.

Next time I need new furniture for any reason I would not hesitate to go back there again.

Last edited by watergirl on Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:02 am
Based on people's experience tables and beds are fine. Couches and chairs don't last.

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:04 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Based on people's experience tables and beds are fine. Couches and chairs don't last.

Actually, the person who we sold our original coach to Says it is still holding up amazingly and she loves it. My chairs would be fine if they were treated appropriately. I really have no complaints about them.

hodeez

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:16 am
Our beds are from there. They broke within the year and again after they sent someone to repair it. The warranty is horrible. Drawers and nightstand also broke. Would not recommend.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:20 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
That's really not nice of them. What reason did they give for not taking care of the repair?

They say the terms of the current warrantee don't cover rips caused by misuse. :/

They never came to see it, but there's no one to talk to. I tried, even went into the store we bought it from. Apparently they changed the warrantee since we bought it and tough luck on us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics