Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teenagers and babysitting

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:51 am
Hi I have a twelfth grader that babysits a lot at night. What's a reasonable hour for her to be home by if I like to wait up to make sure she comes home and go to sleep on the early side.🤦‍♀️

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:54 am
How much sleep does she need?
When I was that age of I was babysitting for ppl who went to weddings I wouldn't be back before 12. In the community where I live 10-11 is the latest.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:58 am
How is she getting home? Do they give her a ride, does she have to take public transportation, Uber, is she walking distance? Do you feel like she's safe on her way back?

That would be my biggest concern. Beyond that, I would be flexible if it were just a once in a while thing that she needed to stay after 10 on a school night.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:00 am
11 is the time most teens say is the latest they can stay usually.

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:10 am
flowerpower wrote:
11 is the time most teens say is the latest they can stay usually.

This. And at night I the husnad offers her a ride it might be yichud.

When I have a babysitter past 10:30 I walk them home while dh stays in the house.
Or I'll have them sleep over if it's my neice or a neighbor I'm good with. Often with a friend in toe....
There is one teen who lives in another neighborhood who will babysit till later in the night but her father always comes to pick her up. She's more $$ and has a minimum of hours. You also need to book her way in advance as her slots fill up fast.
Never used her though.

essie14

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:10 am
My 16 year old can babysit until 11. He has no problem waking up for school the next morning.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:15 am
amother [ Carnation ] wrote:
This. And at night I the husnad offers her a ride it might be yichud.

When I have a babysitter past 10:30 I walk them home while dh stays in the house.
Or I'll have them sleep over if it's my neice or a neighbor I'm good with. Often with a friend in toe....
There is one teen who lives in another neighborhood who will babysit till later in the night but her father always comes to pick her up. She's more $$ and has a minimum of hours. You also need to book her way in advance as her slots fill up fast.
Never used her though.

Wouldn't be Yichud in NYC
Where I live it's very quiet and we don't let the husband drive our daughter home. If the mother can't drive then we pick up our daughter.

Lakee

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:20 am
So I let until 11:30 the latest but she keeps saying I'm not a baby etc... But I need to wait up until she's home. They drive her home but still I like to go to sleep knowing all my children are home she tells me other girls parents don't care and let them stay up until whenever motsei shabbos or not a school night I don't mind a bit later
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children