Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Getting rabbinic advisers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 3:26 pm
I’m working on a non-fiction, haskafah type book.

I’m looking for rabbinic advisors. Not just someone who will say nice words but someone who has time to review it in depth, check my sources, make suggestions.

I have a few people in mind but I know they’re very busy and I just don’t have the chutzpah to ask. And I would offer to pay them but I don’t know what’s the appropriate amount to offer.

Also, is the more the merrier or should I just stick to 1-2 people? I have a list of 6 people that I would really, really love their input but I’d be happy with even 1-2 of those. Should I start with my top 2 and move on to the next if they are unavailable? Or ask them first just to do a cursory review and in depth only if they have time?

Another option is to ask someone younger/not as busy/not as well know/ but very learned to do the in depth review, and give it to the big names once it’s more polished

leah233

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:02 pm
Do you have a publisher who can help you with that?

I once heard from Rav Reuvain Feinstein that although he would never write an endorsement for a book of fiction he has reviewed content with authors. Being that you are writing non-fiction I would assume he would be even more willing to help you.

Last edited by leah233 on Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:03 pm
Your second option is more sensible. There are many young Talmidei Chachomim who could do such a job. I have a relative who writes and edits but mostly biographies or Divrei Torah of Gedolim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club