Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Which do you prefer? Ahuva/Naomi
1  2  3  Next

Which name sounds/means better to you?
Ahuva  
 66%  [ 100 ]
Naomi  
 33%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 151

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:57 pm
Which sounds/means nicer to you?? Ahuva or Naomi?

scruffy

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 5:04 pm
They're both nice names. I voted for Naomi (so far looks like I'm the only one) but my preference or anyone else's doesn't matter. Just yours and your husband's.

naomi2

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 5:20 pm
Both gorgeous names imo but I voted Naomi

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 5:21 pm
I chose Naomi because I know a billion Ahuvas under the age of 10. Seems like everyone who had a bubby with a yiddish name to name after added Ahuva to it and goes by Ahuva.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 5:27 pm
I love the name ahuva. Wish I had another girl so I could use the name!

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:26 pm
I don't like Naomi, but not Ahuva

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:29 pm
I just named my daughter Ahuva and love it. Everyone comments that it's a pretty name.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
I don't like Naomi, but not Ahuva

I am not so into either one. Trying to find a name that I love…

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not so into either one. Trying to find a name that I love…

What kind of names do you like? Modern Israeli, older Hebrew/biblical, Yiddish, English... Happy to help!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:38 pm
Personally not such a fan of Naomi, specifically because everyone seems to pronounce it differently (did you start the other thread)?

I do like Ahuva.

Curious, if you're not into either name, why are you asking specifically about these 2? (Family names?)

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:23 pm
Ahuva is way too overused already. I would do Naomi. So pretty and not overused

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:33 pm
Lol, I'm not one to care about "overused". If I like the name, great. Is it nice for my kids to feel special, sure, but I also don't want them feeling like they have "weird" names, and don't want to jinx names just because other people have them. Like from tanach or whatever.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:40 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I chose Naomi because I know a billion Ahuvas under the age of 10. Seems like everyone who had a bubby with a yiddish name to name after added Ahuva to it and goes by Ahuva.

I actually voted Ahuva but I agree I know a million kids with that name. It used to be my favorite until every one of my friends named their kids that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:23 am
What kind of names do you like? Modern Israeli, older Hebrew/biblical, Yiddish, English... Happy to help!

Not English or Yiddish. I feel like I exhausted all the names. My husband likes nesya maya and emuna. I need a name that works in Hebrew and English.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:24 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Lol, I'm not one to care about "overused". If I like the name, great. Is it nice for my kids to feel special, sure, but I also don't want them feeling like they have "weird" names, and don't want to jinx names just because other people have them. Like from tanach or whatever.

Exactly, I feel the same way.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:30 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Personally not such a fan of Naomi, specifically because everyone seems to pronounce it differently (did you start the other thread)? Yes!!

I do like Ahuva.

Curious, if you're not into either name, why are you asking specifically about these 2? (Family names?)

These are not my top names. I am not connecting with any name. I like ariella and Rivka, but husband does not. Husband likes Ahuva, nesya, emuna, and maya. I love the meaning of the name ahuva, but not the sound. I have the name shira which I like, but DH is Israeli and it bothers him with any reish name I say. We are trying to stay away from ch sounds too, which makes pool of names very small. I don’t care at this point about ch.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
I just named my daughter Ahuva and love it. Everyone comments that it's a pretty name.

Do nonjews as well? Or just jews? I live in a place with mostly American names. I have an Adina sara and Eliana Tehila.

chagil

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:39 am

Can I pm u?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:41 am
Naomi because in Israel Ahuva is a grandma name while Naomi isn't associated with any specific agegroup. Other than that I'd love AhuvA.

Be aware that Naomi often gets so slurred in Hebrew that it sounds like 2 syllable No-mi (not that anything is wrong or bad about that, just know that it happens)

chagil

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:42 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Ahuva is way too overused already. I would do Naomi. So pretty and not overused

I dont know anyone here named Ahuva. Here, everyone is maya. I just feel like it’s not really a jewish name. I like shira, but not how it sounds by Israelis with the reish. Am I overthinking it?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names