Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Manchester

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 5:09 pm
Anyone on here live there yet or planning to move? It looks beautiful, but it is so intimidating to be so far from Lakewood.
Talk to me about your life.

mommy2x

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:03 pm
Holly oaks is closer to Lakewood than some parts of Tom's River. (8-10 min drive to Gourmet Glatt South). Pine Lake Park is farther than Holly Oaks but it's not crazy far. It depends on where in Lakewood you need to go. (it's probably 15 minutes to Gourmet Glatt South but I could be wrong)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:22 pm
I am in middle of moving to pine lake park. I drove the route to lakewood a bunch of times it's not that bad. The community seems really nice so far, around 70 frum families under contract or moved in. And it still has good prices.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:41 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I am in middle of moving to pine lake park. I drove the route to lakewood a bunch of times it's not that bad. The community seems really nice so far, around 70 frum families under contract or moved in. And it still has good prices.

the house we are looking at is asking $650K for a 4 bedroom colonial. That is NOT a good price. Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 6:42 pm

Where do you work, where does your husband work adn where is your childrens schools?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where do you work, where does your husband work adn where is your childrens schools?

In the center of Lakewood. Prices went up since we went under contract but you still can’t find nice colonials like that for less anywhere.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:36 pm
What "type" is it there?

momandteacher

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:58 pm

How many minutes do you mean when say "it's not that bad"?
Hatzlacha on your move, btw!

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:20 pm
You are relying on Lakewood for schools and shopping. You need the second car.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:40 pm
bnm wrote:
You are relying on Lakewood for schools and shopping. You need the second car.

Yes, but most people in Lakewood need two cars. Even if the husband is still learning, she needs a car to get to work and he needs a car to drop off the kids at the babysitter or playgroup.

Depending where you are in Lakewood, Manchester isn't necessarily that far. There are areas in Toms River that are much further.

The two couples that I know who live there are both younger, working husbands but more yeshivish.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:00 am
It’s mixed. Some people still learning, many working, large range of schools. It probably leans more yeshivish. It’s about 15 minutes to gourmet glatt. The issue is sitting in Lakewood traffic once you need to go further in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries