Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
If you live in a small apartment or NYC style attached house
Previous  1  2

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:34 am
OP, I'm getting a lot of out of this thread. I'm in a small house that's probably a lot bigger and more practical than what a lot of posters are living in but this is still helpful for me. I'll tell you what I do: I have my food processors on top of the fridge in boxes and take them down as needed. (Yeah I have a fleishig food processor. A guest who needed to prep food for a special diet left it as a gift. I use it for liver and other things sometimes.) BH we have space for a dedicated pareve counter so the kitchen aid and urn are there. I keep a crockpot on the fleishig counter.
I have a turkey roaster and a small milchig oven in my basement. Useful for when I want to keep my oven one way, or around yom tov when I'm doing a lot of cooking.
Only one sink but it's a big one.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 10:15 am
We had our microwave on top of our fridge. We put a shelf on the wall and put our toaster on the shelf)

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
We had our microwave on top of our fridge. We put a shelf on the wall and put our toaster on the shelf)

DH was supposed to put up a shelf for the toaster when we moved in 21+ years ago. We had one in our previous place. I'm still waiting. It's been so long I didn't even remember about it till you mentioned your shelf.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:38 pm
Just curious: how is a NYC attached house different from an attached house anywhere else?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen