Home

My 28 Day Weight Loss Journey
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:32 pm
Ok, the time has come. I am starting my new diet tomorrow.
I may be marrying off my daughter by January, so there is no time to lose. No, she is not engaged, and not even currently dating anyone. Nor is there anyone on the horizon! But, you never know. I hear from my friends that it can happen in the blink of an eye. And then what? I will start dieting then? I have two or three months to get ready. I have about 50 lbs to lose to get to a normal weight, so I better get started today!

I decided to start the Fast Metabolism diet, because I have seen it mentioned here so many times. According to the author, you can lose "up to 20 lbs in 28 days." That sounds like a lot, so realistically, I won't expect more than 10-15 lbs in the first month. But I do need something that will get the weight off fast because I am results-driven. And I enjoy the challenge of a new eating plan.

In order to keep me motivated and feeling accountable, I decided to document my 28 day journey here, and maybe some of you will want to join me for the ride. I hope to post what I eat and how I feel.

Honestly, I don't know how this works yet because I haven't read the book. I am supposed to get it tomorrow. But meanwhile I will plan my day based on info I found online.
From what I gather, there are 3 "phases", each one lasting two or three days. Every week you start from phase one again. This sounds like fun, because you aren't stuck eating from the same menu every day.

Also, like many other diets, you are supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces of water. This one is pretty hard for me.

I am excited to do this challenge. Anyone want to join me?
Back to top

amother




Floralwhite
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:34 pm
What are you allowed to eat and what is off limits?
Back to top

amother




Cerise
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:46 pm
I said I was doing this diet after sukkos and I didn't. Maybe now is my time to start!
Back to top

momallhours




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:51 pm
Can you post a link to the diet?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:08 pm
momallhours wrote:
Can you post a link to the diet?


I'm not sure how to link, but if you google Fast Metabolism Diet 101, there is an option to register for a free 7 day jumpstart menu.

Ill try to see if I can copy it here.
Back to top

hoff123




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:08 pm
Good luck! I’ve started it a few times and lost but I was never able to do the full 28days! I hope u do better then me! The first week is the hardest but stick to it!!
Back to top

amother




Firebrick
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:10 pm
Download the app. It’s very helpful and gives you ure menu options.
Back to top

amother




IndianRed
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:13 pm
I would like to join. What am I eating tomorrow?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:21 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
I would like to join. What am I eating tomorrow?


I don't know if this is helpful, but I will post the jumpstart menu:

Breakfast:
oatmeal fruit smoothie using 1 cup frozen berries

snack: 1 apple, sliced with cinnamon sprinkled on top

lunch: turkey chili with one apple

snack: 1 orange

dinner: 1 sweet potato and broccoli saute with 1/2 cup quinoa

I will try to post the recipes tomorrow. Also, you can interchange the snack with the meal I believe.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:25 pm
This is from the website :
The meal maps all give the standard portions. If your weight loss goal is more than 20 pounds, remember to eat another 1⁄2 portion at both meals and snacks. Read more about portions here.

Each of the recipes within the meal map includes the number of servings each recipe makes. So divide your finished recipe into that number of equal portions: That's your portion. Remember to add an additional 1/2 portion if you have more than 20 pounds to lose.


You're always welcome to substitute a different phase-specific protein, grain, fruit, veggie or healthy fat in meals or snacks.


Drink half of your body weight, in ounces, of plain spring water every day. So if your current weight is 160 lbs, aim to drink 80 ounces of water each day. You can add lemon or lime to your water if you like.


Eat within 30 minutes of waking. If you prefer a lighter meal, you can always switch your breakfast with your morning snack. Space your meals and snacks from 2 to 4 hours apart.


You can always add more vegetables to any meal or snack.
Back to top

amother




Lightyellow
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok, the time has come. I am starting my new diet tomorrow.
I may be marrying off my daughter by January, so there is no time to lose. No, she is not engaged, and not even currently dating anyone. Nor is there anyone on the horizon! But, you never know. I hear from my friends that it can happen in the blink of an eye. And then what? I will start dieting then? I have two or three months to get ready. I have about 50 lbs to lose to get to a normal weight, so I better get started today!

I decided to start the Fast Metabolism diet, because I have seen it mentioned here so many times. According to the author, you can lose "up to 20 lbs in 28 days." That sounds like a lot, so realistically, I won't expect more than 10-15 lbs in the first month. But I do need something that will get the weight off fast because I am results-driven. And I enjoy the challenge of a new eating plan.

In order to keep me motivated and feeling accountable, I decided to document my 28 day journey here, and maybe some of you will want to join me for the ride. I hope to post what I eat and how I feel.

Honestly, I don't know how this works yet because I haven't read the book. I am supposed to get it tomorrow. But meanwhile I will plan my day based on info I found online.
From what I gather, there are 3 "phases", each one lasting two or three days. Every week you start from phase one again. This sounds like fun, because you aren't stuck eating from the same menu every day.

Also, like many other diets, you are supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces of water. This one is pretty hard for me.

I am excited to do this challenge. Anyone want to join me?

I started this diet last week and just love.

Besides for the weight I lost, I feel much lighter and not blown up.
Good luck!
Back to top

amother




Puce
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:34 pm
Anyone know if I'm allowed to do this while exclusively nursing a 6 month old?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
I started this diet last week and just love.

Besides for the weight I lost, I feel much lighter and not blown up.
Good luck!


Amazing! So you can lead the way!.
I feel kind of unprepared but I'm just jumping in!
Can you tell us what you love about it? Also what do you eat in phase one?
Back to top

amother




Lightyellow
 

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Amazing! So you can lead the way!.
I feel kind of unprepared but I'm just jumping in!
Can you tell us what you love about it? Also what do you eat in phase one?

I do sunday and monday-phase 1
Tuesday and Wednesday-phase 2
Thursday, Friday and shabbos phase 3.
I like the phase 3 on shabbos cuz you can have more protein, veg and nuts.

I ate today. Pineapple 1/2 within waking up.

Breakfast-2 spelt bread with cantaloupe

Lunch- tuna,veggies, fruit and 4 spelt flatbread

Snack- pineapple with strawberries

Dinner- chicken soup. Grilled chicken with sweet potatoes and other veg

It shouldn't pass more then 3-4 hours with no eating
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:03 am
Best practices for success

Eat five times per day.
Eat every 3–4 hours except when sleeping.
Eat within 30 minutes of waking.
Follow the phases in order.
Stock up on a general Fast Metabolism Diet food list before beginning.
Stick to the foods allowed in each phase.
Exercise according to the phase you’re in.
Drink half of your body weight (measured in pounds) in ounces of water each day.
Avoid wheat, corn, soy, dairy, dried fruit, fruit juices, refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, alcohol, and fat-free diet foods.
Eat organic whenever possible.
Ensure that meats are nitrate-free.
Follow the plan for the full 28 days and repeat until your weight loss goal is achieved.
Repeat the fast metabolism plan for a full 28 days every six months or for one week every month.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:06 am
PHASE 1 (MONDAY–TUESDAY)
High-carb, moderate protein, NO fat

This phase is aimed at telling your body it no longer needs to store fat — it is very important to avoid fats during this phase!

Phase 1 Food List
Fruits: pears, pineapples, cantaloupes, oranges, kiwi
Vegetables: broccoli, tomatoes, winter squash, carrots, celery, cucumber, butternut squash, beans, zucchini, parsnips, beets, bean sprouts, green leaf lettuce, onions, radish, pumpkin, peppers
Grains / Starches: healthy cereals, fusilli, sprouted grain bread, nut flours, rice milk, tapioca flour, oats, multigrain biscuits, lentils, brown rice, brown rice pasta, black barley, quinoa
Proteins: tuna, lean fish, beans
Phase 1 Sample Menu
Breakfast: DIY smoothie (no dairy)
Snack: Kiwi
Lunch: Black bean and rice veggie bowl
Snack: Healthy cereal with dairy-free milk
Dinner: Grilled tilapia and rice
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:11 am
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
I started this diet last week and just love.

Besides for the weight I lost, I feel much lighter and not blown up.
Good luck!


Question: Are you allowed to eat unlimited amounts of the permissible foods from the list?
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown
 

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:15 am
I would like to wish you good luck as you embark on this diet, which has been a life changer for me. I started the diet a year ago and am currently down 68 1/2 lbs. and hopefully still going..
What I love about the diet is that you get to eat only healthy, nutrious food, which leaves you feeling amazing... Also this diet helps you lose inches in addition to pounds... Everyone who meets me comments on my new body shape.
Feel free to reach out with any questions. I'll try to respond..
Back to top

amother




Lightpink
 

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 7:44 am
I would love to get my DH on this diet. that means I have to prepare all his meals..... Any advice?
Also, why is caffeine not allowed? he would never give up his morning coffee
Back to top

amother




Lightyellow
 

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 7:55 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
I would love to get my DH on this diet. that means I have to prepare all his meals..... Any advice?
Also, why is caffeine not allowed? he would never give up his morning coffee

I didn't give up my coffee and drink 1-2 cups daily.
Coffee is something I can't go without
Back to top
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 8 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Preteen dd talking to me about her weight
by amother
37 Tue, May 10 2022, 10:50 pm View last post
I don't even care about my weight at this point
by amother
15 Sun, May 08 2022, 7:02 pm View last post
Clothes for 20 y.o. dd who lost weight
by amother
5 Sun, May 08 2022, 6:05 am View last post
Please help me figure this out. Im at a complete loss.
by amother
7 Mon, May 02 2022, 9:56 pm View last post
How many carbs to each to lose weight quickly?
by amother
11 Sun, May 01 2022, 7:29 pm View last post