Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
My 28 Day Weight Loss Journey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:11 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
1.It means a protein and a healthy fat.
2. Yes of course I wash for both meals. In fact, I'm doing the diet for a year now, and I wash 3 times. I wash for lunch, ss and mm ever week
2.1 whole matzav if you want to lose 20 pounds or less. 1 1/2 if you want to lose over 20 pounds.

Regarding the machlokes of fat AND protein vs Fat OR protien: I looked at the meal map that she has in the book and it looks like sometimes she does both and sometimes just one.
So for example, one meal she has a turkey salad with avocado, so that's both obviously.
In another meal she has oatmeal with almond milk. Which only has a fat.

Regarding washing 3 times...is that strictly on the plan or are you taking liberties? Because in phase 3 you only get 2 meals a day with grains.

Another question: is baby carrots as good as regular carrots?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:13 am
By the way, for those who are following or who want to start:

I have neglected to talk about the exercise part of the diet. The reason is that I have injured my foot and can't really do exercise for the next 2 months.

But officially there is a different type of exercise you are supposed to do in each phase.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:29 am
OK, here is my meal map for today and tomorrow:

DAY 5 - Friday
Breakfast: oatmeal with a dash of almond milk.
2 eggs, scrambled.
Tomatoes
1 cup blueberries

Snack: baby carrots and hummus

Lunch: leftover pepper steak
Pickles
Peach

Snack: shredded cabbage salad with nuts and seeds. (Hopefully. If that doesn't happen I will eat more baby carrots and hummus. )

Dinner:
1.5 board of spelt matza
Salmon grilled
Israeli salad with olive oil
Optional: chicken soup, just the broth.

DAY 6- Shabbos
Meal 1- breakfast: hard boiled egg, tomatoes, peach

Lunch (seuda):meal 2
1 board of spelt matza
Grilled salmon
A small amount of cholent (no sugar in my cholent)
Salad (either cabbage or tomato)

Snack 1: 1/4 cup hummus with cucumbers

Dinner: (seuda shlishis) meal 3
1 board of matza
Blueberries
Egg salad
Sliced cucumbers

Snack 2: (Melava malka)
Salad with tomato, Avocado hearts of palm and onion, with a bit of mayo.
(Maybe I will wash and eat some matza as well)

I know I'm kind of boring. I'm open to other ideas!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:45 am
OK I have a few more questions. Thanks to all of you for your support!!

1. She writes just plain mayo as a fat. Does it have to be full fat or low fat?

2. I bought a box of spelt matza but it says "contains Gluten". Is that okay?

3. I can't imagine losing weight during this phase. Am I going to gain it all back over shabbos?

A few more thoughts:
The fruits list is very minimal and mostly summer fruits, (aside from grapefruit which I don't like. ) I hope I can get some before shabbos.

For the last few mornings I have been waking up absolutely ravenous. Maybe I need to eat a small snack at night.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:07 am
Shabbos was great, though I didn't stick 100% to my plan. I didn't eat anything "off plan", not even a sip of diet coke.

I have been reading more of the book and I noticed that in her meal map she doesn't include fruit for phase 3. According to her rules you have to have fruit 2x a day on phase 3. Anyone else noticed that?

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Shabbos was great, though I didn't stick 100% to my plan. I didn't eat anything "off plan", not even a sip of diet coke.

I have been reading more of the book and I noticed that in her meal map she doesn't include fruit for phase 3. According to her rules you have to have fruit 2x a day on phase 3. Anyone else noticed that?

I think there are a few versions of the same book. In my book she includes a fruit for breakfast, and one for lunch.

As a side point, as I mentioned I only did the first 4 days, and then I found out I have covid, so im taking a break. I did weigh myself on Friday and saw that I lost 5.7 pounds Surprised I've been trying to eat healthy for so long, and didn't budge...
I wonder if I'm going to keep it down... it sounds too good to be true

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
I think there are a few versions of the same book. In my book she includes a fruit for breakfast, and one for lunch.

As a side point, as I mentioned I only did the first 4 days, and then I found out I have covid, so im taking a break. I did weigh myself on Friday and saw that I lost 5.7 pounds Surprised I've been trying to eat healthy for so long, and didn't budge...

Not to discourage you... I lost 6 lb the first week on this diet and nothing the rest of the month. I did lose some inches though but for me that wasnt enough to keep me motivated to continue.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:22 am

I'm on the diet for a year now. I lost 70 pounds and loads of inches. I feel amazing and constantly get comments on my great body shape. I'm still going, because I have more weight to lose. (I was very overweight when I began.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:40 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
Not to discourage you... I lost 6 lb the first week on this diet and nothing the rest of the month. I did lose some inches though but for me that wasnt enough to keep me motivated to continue.

Wow. That must have been disappointing. When you read her book she is so overconfident that her diet is the be all and end all of all diets.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:37 pm
DAY 7 - Sunday.
Well, today was the last day of the first week, and tomorrow I start the cycle again.
Unsurprisingly, phase 3 was my favorite phase.

I have been feeling good, BH, no more fatigue.

I started using the App today (which I really like!) and realized that I probably was eating wrong amounts of everything. Too much of some things and too little of other things. I can't believe how much avocado I ate today. They also want me eat 6 oz. of turkey deli, which is like 4 portions in the normal world. Plus I ate almost a half cup of sunflower seeds.. It's hard to believe I will lose weight like this, but I am going to just trust the program like she asks me to. Salut

Going forward, I plan to use the app religiously.

(I also realized that broccoli is not one of the permitted veggies on phase 3, after I ate a lot of it over Shabbos. Oh well. I will try to do better this week. )

Overall, I have been enjoying the diet, and not finding it hard. I just have to make sure to have the right ingredients at home.

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast:
3/4 Cooked oats
A bit of almond milk
2 Sunny side up eggs (supposed to have 1.5)
3/4 avocado
Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers
1.5 peach

Snack:
3/8 cup sunflower seeds
Salad of cherry tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and romaine lettuce with a bit of salt.

Lunch:
6 oz. Turkey deli
3 T Tahini
Romaine lettuce
1.5 plums

I also drank a coffee (which is off plan) with almond milk and Stevia.

Snack:
3/4 avocado and tomatoes, sprinkled with salt.

Supper:
3/4 cup chick peas
3/4 avocado
Red peppers
I mixed it together in a bowl with some spices. Delish.

Altogether I had 2 and 1/4 avocados today😬. That's besides the tahini and sunflower seeds. But I feel really satisfied and not bloated so I guess we'll see how I did tomorrow at weigh in.

By the way, have any of you tried any of the recipes in the book that you would recommend?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:05 am
Today is Weigh In Day!
I was excited to see how much weight I lost, but a little skeptical, as I ate ridiculous amounts of fat in the last 3 days.

Well, I was not wrong. My weight has gone up from Friday by 1.1 lbs..

DAY 8:
Weight: 196.2
Lost this week: 2.2
Lost in total: 2.2

I am kind of dissapointed, especially after reading about all the people who lost 5 or 6 lbs in the first week. Plus, on every diet I have ever been on, I would typically lose 4-5 lbs in the first week. Most of it is water weight, they say.

But I'm not too discouraged. Hopefully, this is a small step back in order to take a large step forward. According to her book, the point of all the fat eaten in Phase 3 is rev up the metabolism. According to her, that's when people start to really lose weight and other people start noticing. Well, that didn't happen for me. But maybe it will show up in the next week.

Also, to be honest, now that I'm working with the app, I can see that many of my portions were off in the first 6 days.
SO...here's to another week working the phases, and being more conscientious about portion sizes and water intake.

Hatzlacha to all of those trying to lose weight and get healthier!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:08 pm
DAY 8- Monday

Today was a great day. I'm really enjoying the diet. Now that I am using the App, I am literally weighing and measuring everything I'm eating and it's crazy how MUCH food I have to eat.

As an aside, and maybe this is TMI, but my digestive system has been very smooth since I started this diet. This is something I appreciate because I have been on other plans which made me very constipated or the opposite extreme.

I'm still working on my water intake. I am only able to fit in about 50 oz, which is about half of what I need.

Here's what I ate today:

Snack: Gala apple

Breakfast: 1.5 cups of oatmeal
Strawberries

Lunch:
2 slices sprouted grain bread (supposed to be 1.5, but I didn't think I could bentch on less than two slices...)
1/2 cup of liquid egg whites omelet.
Tomatoes
Pear

Snack:
1/2 cup cantaloupe

Dinner:
1.5 cups quinoa
6 oz. Steamed chicken breast cut into Bute sized pieces
Stir fry veggies.

I put the chicken, veggies and quinoa into a large bowl and ate it all together. It was a HUGE amount and I enjoyed every bit of it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:09 pm

Refuah shelaima!
5.7 lbs is a huge amount!! Wow!
I hope you can keep it down.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 1:41 pm
I'm getting kind of discouraged.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm still only down 2.2 lbs. So far, I'm having a worse track record on this diet than any other I've tried.

I am not so motivated to stick to plan. This morning I had to be out of the house and I was not prepared. So I kind of didn't eat all the food I'm supposed to eat. Also, it's raining outside and it's kind of depressing.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 6:32 pm
Don’t give up op. I know you’re motivating me. Just started and fo t see how I’ll lose but going to give it 28 days.
It’s not a huge amount of time. Keep it up. Sometimes it takes time for the scale to register

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 7:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm getting kind of discouraged.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm still only down 2.2 lbs. So far, I'm having a worse track record on this diet than any other I've tried.

I am not so motivated to stick to plan. This morning I had to be out of the house and I was not prepared. So I kind of didn't eat all the food I'm supposed to eat. Also, it's raining outside and it's kind of depressing.

I see she has a YouTube video what to do if you gain weight in phase 3.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 7:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Refuah shelaima!
5.7 lbs is a huge amount!! Wow!
I hope you can keep it down.

Thanks! I probably gained everything back and some, not going on the scale, only strictly on Friday, so I guess ill see then what's happening. I haven't managed to restart this past Sunday, but getting slowly stronger, so will definitely start right after shabbos. I hope to be able to see those numbers again!
I hope it works for you as well! Maybe you just have to give it another few days...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 11:54 pm
DAY 9- Tuesday

Today was not a great day for me.

First the good news: I didn't eat anything off plan or off phase.

The bad news is that I missed the morning snack, and I missed the fruit by lunch. I went out of the house in a rush and just didn't get a chance to get myself together. When I came home I just wasn't in the mood, and I was distracted with something else. Also, I don't think I drank any water today. Maybe one cup. I also ate my first meal way too late...in general I have a hard time eating the first meal within 30 minutes.

Anyway. Thanks to those of you who gave me chizzuk. I am planning to go onto phase 2 tomorrow and continue as planned.

Here's what I ate:

Snack: apple

Breakfast: 1.5 cups oatmeal

Snack: skipped

Lunch: 2 slices sprouted grain bread
1 egg + 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
Tomatoes

Coffee with rice milk and splenda

Snack: pear

Dinner: bowl of 1.5 cups quinoa, 3/4 cup chickpeas, tomatoes and onions.
Grilled Eggplant.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 11:56 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I see she has a YouTube video what to do if you gain weight in phase 3.

Thanks!! Is there a link? Or what should I search for?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 11:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DAY 9- Tuesday

Today was not a great day for me.

First the good news: I didn't eat anything off plan or off phase.

The bad news is that I missed the morning snack, and I missed the fruit by lunch. I went out of the house in a rush and just didn't get a chance to get myself together. When I came home I just wasn't in the mood, and I was distracted with something else. Also, I don't think I drank any water today. Maybe one cup. I also ate my first meal way too late...in general I have a hard time eating the first meal within 30 minutes.

Anyway. Thanks to those of you who gave me chizzuk. I am planning to go onto phase 2 tomorrow and continue as planned.

Here's what I ate:

Snack: apple

Breakfast: 1.5 cups oatmeal

Snack: skipped

Lunch: 2 slices sprouted grain bread
1 egg + 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
Tomatoes

Coffee with rice milk and splenda

Snack: pear

Dinner: bowl of 1.5 cups quinoa, 3/4 cup chickpeas, tomatoes and onions.
Grilled Eggplant.

I can't see myself eating first meal within the 30 minutes of getting up.

This is the reason I start my day with a snack and then go to breakfast followed by lunch with so snack in between
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise