Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
My 28 Day Weight Loss Journey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:42 am
I have two questions for those of you who have done the diet:

1. How much lox is a portion?
According to the book, one portuon of fish is 6 oz. It seems like a lot to eat 6 oz of lox as a snack. That is a family pack. Also lox is a fatty fish, I think.
She seems to have different amounts for a snack and meal. She says that meat is is 4 oz. But if you use deli as a snack, one portion Is 2 oz.
So what of you want deli as a meal or meat as a snack?
And if I ate lox as a snack, how much would I get?
Is this easier with the app?

2. Has anyone found kosher deli that does not contain nitrates? I checked all the deli in my grocery and they all contain sodium nitrate.

Thanks in advance.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 8:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have two questions for those of you who have done the diet:

1. How much lox is a portion?
According to the book, one portuon of fish is 6 oz. It seems like a lot to eat 6 oz of lox as a snack. That is a family pack. Also lox is a fatty fish, I think.
She seems to have different amounts for a snack and meal. She says that meat is is 4 oz. But if you use deli as a snack, one portion Is 2 oz.
So what of you want deli as a meal or meat as a snack?
And if I ate lox as a snack, how much would I get?
Is this easier with the app?

2. Has anyone found kosher deli that does not contain nitrates? I checked all the deli in my grocery and they all contain sodium nitrate.

Thanks in advance.

1. 6 oz Lox is for a meal. 3 oz. is for snack.
If you find 6 oz. too much just eat a little bit less.
2. I actually did find kosher deli without nitrate by Costco, forgot the brand. It was soo bad in taste I couldn't eat it.
I then met someone who had been doing the diet way before me and she told me, she eats the deli with nitrate. I do the same. Has not been a problem.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:47 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
1. 6 oz Lox is for a meal. 3 oz. is for snack.
If you find 6 oz. too much just eat a little bit less.
2. I actually did find kosher deli without nitrate by Costco, forgot the brand. It was soo bad in taste I couldn't eat it.
I then met someone who had been doing the diet way before me and she told me, she eats the deli with nitrate. I do the same. Has not been a problem.

Thank you! Where did you get that info on the lox? Is it on the app?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:50 pm
OK I'm starting to make my meal map for the next three days -Phase 3.

So I see that beans, barley and lean meat are all allowed. So that means I can have my regular cholent? It doesn't sound right. Scratching Head
I can also use dark chicken.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:25 pm
Where do you get sugar free ketchup? Trader Joes?

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 4:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OK I'm starting to make my meal map for the next three days -Phase 3.

So I see that beans, barley and lean meat are all allowed. So that means I can have my regular cholent? It doesn't sound right. Scratching Head
I can also use dark chicken.

I actually also started this diet this week, though I like starting on Sunday. I'm taking a small break as I tested positive for covid, and not so into planning my menu now, but hope to restart right after shabbos.
I did the fast metabolism diet in the past, and I remember that I ate regular chulent. I believe you can have a 3/4 cup. I'm not sure if that was with a weight loss goal of more or less then 20 pounds. Sometimes I used to have a small piece of salmon first, and then a quarter cup of chulent.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:01 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Anyone know if I'm allowed to do this while exclusively nursing a 6 month old?

Yes apparently you can, and I did. The rule is that you have to eat 5 pieces of fruit a day, even in phase 2. But I did find that I lost milk, I believe my baby was a bit older and I didn't mind so much. So I guess you should ask your doctor

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:07 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
Yes apparently you can, and I did. The rule is that you have to eat 5 pieces of fruit a day, even in phase 2. But I did find that I lost milk, I believe my baby was a bit older and I didn't mind so much. So I guess you should ask your doctor

No fruits in phase 2.

Maybe you meant 5 meals a day?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
No fruits in phase 2.

Maybe the nursing plan does include fruits?

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:32 pm
No fruits in phase 2.

No definitely 5 fruits a day for a nursing mother, even in phase 2 where fruit is not allowed. I spent some time researching it. One of the fruits specifically recommended for a nursing mom is a nashi pear

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:37 pm
DAY 4
So in terms of menu, Day 4 was basically a repeat of day 3. I'm boring like that. But, bH, I was feeling much better than yesterday. It's not like I had a ton of energy, but I also wasn't sluggish or in need of a nap.

Once again, I couldn't eat my first meal before 1 hour after I woke up. Once again I had to run to the store to buy some lox and other stuff... I keep thinking that I'm happy I will be doing this 4 times because I will have another chance to get this right. For next week I plan to do my shopping in advance.

Here is what I ate:
Snack: 6 oz lox (though someone told me afterwards that 3 oz is a snack. On the other hand, based on the fact that I want to lose 50 lbs, I think I'm supposed to double all my portions. Can someone confirm if I'm right about that?)

Breakfast:
Omelet made of liquid egg whites
Sliced red bell pepper

Lunch:
Turkey slices with romaine lettuce, red peppers and pickles.

Snack: Pepper steak
Pickles

Supper:
Roasted brocolli (it was delish. I used a bag of frozen bodek brocoli florets, spiced it well and roasted it with no oil, except a little spray oil. )
Pepper steak. (Simmered in a bit of organic vegetable broth)

OK. Confession time:
This afternoon, I just felt I needed a coffee. Not because I am such a coffee drinker, I'm not. But whenever I diet, I feel I need coffee mainly because I miss having something sweet. I find I drink more diet soda and coffee with Splenda since usually those are free on diets.. I use 3 Splenda packets in my coffee TMI .
So I gave in to my craving and made a large mug of coffee, with 3 Splendas and a dash of Vanilla almond milk.
The coffee, Splenda and almond milk are all No-Nos, (especially since this almond milk has cane sugar in it.) Oh well. I know she said it's not the end of the world if you must have coffee. But I know the Splenda and almond milk are really not okay.

Another thing I'm not sticking to well is portion size. I just haven't paid any attention to it. I want to start paying attention since I don't want to sabotage my efforts. But meanwhile, I have just been eating whatever portion size I felt was appropriate.

OK. Looking forward to the next three days on Phase 3! Hooray

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:38 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
No definitely 5 fruits a day for a nursing mother, even in phase 2 where fruit is not allowed. I spent some time researching it. One of the fruits specifically recommended for a nursing mom is a nashi pear

Not in the nursing stage so wasn't aware

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 5:47 pm
Not in the nursing stage so wasn't aware

Yes, also wasn't aware. She doesn't write about it in the book. I had to do some research

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 8:00 pm
Download the app. It gives u exact portions and foods to choose from for each phase and day . It's the only way I've been able to stick to it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 6:02 am
I weighed myself first thing this morning and I'm down 3.3 lbs. So that's nice.
OTOH, I've been waking up each morning feeling like I've been run over by a truck. I don't know if this is entirely related to the diet (maybe I caught some kind of bug) or maybe its my body doing all the "repairs" which is exhausting me. Also, I'm still craving cake...

So, according to the book, this is what phase 3 is supposed to look like:

Breakfast: grain, Protein/fat, fruit, veggies
Snack: protein/fat, veggies
Lunch: Protein/fat, veggies, fruit
Snack: Protein/fat, veggies
Dinner: Protein/fat, veggies, optional: grain

I have three questions:
1. Does it mean proteins OR fat, or protein AND fat?
2. Also, can I move around the dinner to be lunch and vice versa? Since I am allowed 2 grains a day, I would want to have my grain meal for breakfast and lunch tomorrow, so this way I can wash.
3. How much spelt matza is a grain?

TIA

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 6:03 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Download the app. It gives u exact portions and foods to choose from for each phase and day . It's the only way I've been able to stick to it.

Thanks! I will

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 7:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OTOH, I've been waking up each morning feeling like I've been run over by a truck. I don't know if this is entirely related to the diet (maybe I caught some kind of bug) or maybe its my body doing all the "repairs" which is exhausting me. Also, I'm still craving cake...

I have three questions:
2. Also, can I move around the dinner to be lunch and vice versa? Since I am allowed 2 grains a day, I would want to have my grain meal for breakfast and lunch tomorrow, so this way I can wash.

TIA
[quote]
So happy for the weight your lost.

To answer your questions.
1- it's either protein or healthy fat

2- you can switch around the meals on shabbos accordingly what works best for you.

Good luck with phase 3. Most exciting and biggest variety of food to enjoy!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 7:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I have three questions:

TIA

1.It means a protein and a healthy fat.
2. Yes of course I wash for both meals. In fact, I'm doing the diet for a year now, and I wash 3 times. I wash for lunch, ss and mm ever week
2.1 whole matzav if you want to lose 20 pounds or less. 1 1/2 if you want to lose over 20 pounds.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 7:47 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
1.It means a protein and a healthy fat.
2. Yes of course I wash for both meals. In fact, I'm doing the diet for a year now, and I wash 3 times. I wash for lunch, ss and mm ever week
2.1 whole matzav if you want to lose 20 pounds or less. 1 1/2 if you want to lose over 20 pounds.

In the book it says either a protein or a healthy fat. Not both

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 8:03 am
Thank you. This thread is such an inspiration. I’m hoping to start this diet on Sunday. I’m following. Bought the book and will read over shabbos.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise