Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Cold and fever: do you wait before sending back to school
Previous  1  2

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s not covid. Just a cold and fever.
Do you really wait 12-24 hours until sending back to school?
That’s missing so many days of work…

Kids woke up feeling much better after two days of being sick. I can tell they turned a corner for the better but they did have fever before bed last night.

I usually wait, although there are some exceptions.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:18 am
Teething is a little different. I still wouldn’t send with fever ever but if you know it’s from a tooth breaking in I would be a little more relaxed with it

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
Even if they have an active fever, just give them some Tylenol and off they go. I need school to babysit my children, I don’t pay school for nothing and it’s surely not homework I am looking to get out of it. If my kids are home it infringes on my me time.

I sure hope you are being facetious

watermelon

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:03 pm
Definitely 24 hours fever free before back going to school.
It’s not easy to miss work or “me time”, but it’s unfair to your child and to the other children and their parents to expose them to a sick and likely still contagious kid.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:06 pm
I know it’s not fair to other parents - I was just wondering what other parents do. If most people here told me they do send, then why should I be the loser who doesn’t send?

I kept them home in the end.

(No- I don’t need me time lol. It’s just hard to miss so many days of work! But gam zu letova)

dena613

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:09 pm
You did the right think.
Covid or no covid, I always waited 24 hours after fever free without medication (I.e. 24 hours doesn't count unless you weren't on fever-reeucers).

I do send kids with a cold. So does everyone I know.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:10 pm
dena613 wrote:
You did the right think.
Covid or no covid, I always waited 24 hours after fever free without medication (I.e. 24 hours doesn't count unless you weren't on fever-reeucers).

I do send kids with a cold. So does everyone I know.

Cold without fever I assume you mean.

rakcna

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:22 pm
Even if they have an active fever, just give them some Tylenol and off they go. I need school to babysit my children, I don’t pay school for nothing and it’s surely not homework I am looking to get out of it. If my kids are home it infringes on my me time.

I really hope this is sarcasm. This attitude is the reason that my son can't go to playgroup.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:23 pm
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
What about teething? My child has been teething for months now and has been feeling on and off over the last couple of months. If I were to keep him home every time he felt under the weather due to his teething, he’d be home on more days than not. Any advice or suggestions?

I feel bad sending him to playgroup when he's not feeling 100% himself but it seems impossible.

Does teething give baby a fever higher than 100.4?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:30 pm
Are there any babysitters you can send to
Ppl that will take kids that are sick but getting over

ddmom

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Does teething give baby a fever higher than 100.4?

There is absolutely no way to prove that fever comes from teething and not a virus!
A child can be teething and have a virus at the same time.

tweety1

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:51 pm

You must be sarcastic. Right? I can't believe that something like would be said realistically.

lucky14

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know it’s not fair to other parents - I was just wondering what other parents do. If most people here told me they do send, then why should I be the loser who doesn’t send?

I kept them home in the end.

(No- I don’t need me time lol. It’s just hard to miss so many days of work! But gam zu letova)

You made the right decision.

And since you asked what the rest of us would do- I personally I am not going to do something wrong and mean even if everyone else is doing it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:57 pm

shock surely this is satire!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 1:00 pm
lucky14 wrote:
You made the right decision.

And since you asked what the rest of us would do- I personally I am not going to do something wrong and mean even if everyone else is doing it.

I used to be like that and then realized it’s not that simple.

KJP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 2:06 pm

Thank you for being the parent that all teachers dislikes. We just love sending your kid home in the middle of the day or turning them away if we sent them home the day before (sarcasm)
In all seriousness, keep your kids home if they are sick. This way the whole class isn't shut down, or all the morahs get sick and your kid has nowhere to go. Its also beneficial to your child, as they aren't themselves when they're sick.

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:12 pm
KJP wrote:
Thank you for being the parent that all teachers dislikes. We just love sending your kid home in the middle of the day or turning them away if we sent them home the day before (sarcasm)
In all seriousness, keep your kids home if they are sick. This way the whole class isn't shut down, or all the morahs get sick and your kid has nowhere to go. Its also beneficial to your child, as they aren't themselves when they're sick.

And know that we will catch on. You will be the parent that we don’t trust. When your child has fever at ten thirty or eleven AM , we will ask your child - did mommy give you the red medicine or the purple medicine before school? They will tell us the truth. They will sit in the office and wait for you until your pedi/Pilates/ coffee date is over.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers