Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Baltimore & Special Education

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:33 am
I have a child with Downs Syndrome & am thinking about moving from my small community to Baltimore. What kind of school options are there for a school age child with Downs Syndrome? If we live in Baltimore County are the schools better & are there frum kids in the county special ed programs?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:11 am
Someone I know recently starting sending her daughter to a special Ed class in the bais yaakov

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:26 am
Are you on Facebook? There is a great group called special frum moms there are a bunch of women from Baltimore.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 11:18 am
I don't have experience with the secular/public school system, but I know most people try to avoid sending if they can.
Jewels is an amazing special Ed school. We sent there. They also have satellite classes in the regular schools - Bais Yaakov and TA.
Tuition is expensive, but they will work with you. Mrs Bamberger the director is an amazing resource. You can call her and talk to her. She is super nice, and very down to earth and practical. She will give you an honest opinion.
She has advocated for us when it was time to mainstream our child, she is in it to help, with no other motives.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics