Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
21 kids in one year
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Yes, I would also like to know.
Just because surrogacy is a new concept doesn't mean it's bad.

The torah is ever evolving and rabbonim nowadays can and should decide on these matters so that couples who need it should be able to utilize it.
We need brave rabbonim to investigate this.
Its not a heter, its different rabbanim learning about this new topic and coming out with different answers for if it is allowed or not. Many do allow and others do not.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Yes, I would also like to know.
Just because surrogacy is a new concept doesn't mean it's bad.

The torah is ever evolving and rabbonim nowadays can and should decide on these matters so that couples who need it should be able to utilize it.
We need brave rabbonim to investigate this.

The Torah isn't evolving.
There are new circumstances that are being examined through the fixed prism of Torah. There are also precedents to study even for some of the new circumstances.
I don't remember the source, probably Rav Hirsch, for this exposition on Aseh Torascha keva, which people generally take as referring to making set times for Torah study: Make the Torah the set anchor around which everything else sails, and the prism through which to process all circumstances. Don't change the Torah for the circumstances.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 6:50 pm
losingweight wrote:
She's all of 24 and making decisions for 21 babies plus a six year old??? So much is messed up here. Her "parenting method" is a setup for disaster! The kids don't know what love means. At all. (they weren't even conceived from love)

Like Voldemort 😂

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:36 am
flowerpower wrote:
Who gave the heter? Im just curious.
Why would a heter be needed?

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:52 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
Why would a heter be needed?

when a married woman gives birth to a baby and the father is not her husband, there is a question of mamzerus.

when a single woman gives birth to a baby, there is a question of giluy arayos.

maybe others hold differently but that's what I heard.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:04 am
PinkFridge wrote:
There are new circumstances that are being examined through the fixed prism of Torah. There are also precedents to study even for some of the new circumstances.
I don't remember the source, probably Rav Hirsch, for this exposition on Aseh Torascha keva, which people generally take as referring to making set times for Torah study: Make the Torah the set anchor around which everything else sails, and the prism through which to process all circumstances. Don't change the Torah for the circumstances.

Used to be, the Sanhedrin would discuss such topics and make new laws. They could even adapt do each generation.
Apparently, there is a movement of ppl who want to organize a sanhedrin again so that such topics could be decided upon.... because LO Bashomayim He.
I used the term evolving which I'm not sure is accurate. I meant adaptable. I know this is a controversial topic... It makes people uncomfortable.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:05 am
PinkFridge wrote:

Used to be, the Sanhedrin would discuss such topics and make new laws. They could even adapt do each generation.
Apparently, there is a movement of ppl who want to organize a sanhedrin again so that such topics could be decided upon.... because LO Bashomayim He.
I used the term evolving which I'm not sure is accurate. I meant adaptable. I know this is a controversial topic... It makes people uncomfortable.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
when a married woman gives birth to a baby and the father is not her husband, there is a question of mamzerus.

when a single woman gives birth to a baby, there is a question of giluy arayos.

maybe others hold differently but that's what I heard.
I learned that mamzerut is only a question when a married woman actually has relations with another man. Not if she gives birth.
And adultery has nothing to do with a single woman if there are no actual relations going on.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics