Home

21 kids in one year
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Yes, I would also like to know.
Just because surrogacy is a new concept doesn't mean it's bad.

The torah is ever evolving and rabbonim nowadays can and should decide on these matters so that couples who need it should be able to utilize it.
We need brave rabbonim to investigate this.
Its not a heter, its different rabbanim learning about this new topic and coming out with different answers for if it is allowed or not. Many do allow and others do not.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Yes, I would also like to know.
Just because surrogacy is a new concept doesn't mean it's bad.

The torah is ever evolving and rabbonim nowadays can and should decide on these matters so that couples who need it should be able to utilize it.
We need brave rabbonim to investigate this.


The Torah isn't evolving.
There are new circumstances that are being examined through the fixed prism of Torah. There are also precedents to study even for some of the new circumstances.
I don't remember the source, probably Rav Hirsch, for this exposition on Aseh Torascha keva, which people generally take as referring to making set times for Torah study: Make the Torah the set anchor around which everything else sails, and the prism through which to process all circumstances. Don't change the Torah for the circumstances.
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 6:50 pm
losingweight wrote:
She's all of 24 and making decisions for 21 babies plus a six year old??? So much is messed up here. Her "parenting method" is a setup for disaster! The kids don't know what love means. At all. (they weren't even conceived from love)

Like Voldemort 😂
Back to top

amother




NeonBlue
 

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:36 am
flowerpower wrote:
Who gave the heter? Im just curious.
Why would a heter be needed?
Back to top

amother




Electricblue
 

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:52 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
Why would a heter be needed?


when a married woman gives birth to a baby and the father is not her husband, there is a question of mamzerus.

when a single woman gives birth to a baby, there is a question of giluy arayos.

maybe others hold differently but that's what I heard.
Back to top

amother




Currant
 

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:04 am
PinkFridge wrote:
The Torah isn't evolving.
There are new circumstances that are being examined through the fixed prism of Torah. There are also precedents to study even for some of the new circumstances.
I don't remember the source, probably Rav Hirsch, for this exposition on Aseh Torascha keva, which people generally take as referring to making set times for Torah study: Make the Torah the set anchor around which everything else sails, and the prism through which to process all circumstances. Don't change the Torah for the circumstances.


Used to be, the Sanhedrin would discuss such topics and make new laws. They could even adapt do each generation.
Apparently, there is a movement of ppl who want to organize a sanhedrin again so that such topics could be decided upon.... because LO Bashomayim He.
I used the term evolving which I'm not sure is accurate. I meant adaptable. I know this is a controversial topic... It makes people uncomfortable.
Back to top

amother




Currant
 

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:05 am
PinkFridge wrote:
The Torah isn't evolving.
There are new circumstances that are being examined through the fixed prism of Torah. There are also precedents to study even for some of the new circumstances.
I don't remember the source, probably Rav Hirsch, for this exposition on Aseh Torascha keva, which people generally take as referring to making set times for Torah study: Make the Torah the set anchor around which everything else sails, and the prism through which to process all circumstances. Don't change the Torah for the circumstances.


Used to be, the Sanhedrin would discuss such topics and make new laws. They could even adapt do each generation.
Apparently, there is a movement of ppl who want to organize a sanhedrin again so that such topics could be decided upon.... because LO Bashomayim He.
I used the term evolving which I'm not sure is accurate. I meant adaptable. I know this is a controversial topic... It makes people uncomfortable.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
when a married woman gives birth to a baby and the father is not her husband, there is a question of mamzerus.

when a single woman gives birth to a baby, there is a question of giluy arayos.

maybe others hold differently but that's what I heard.
I learned that mamzerut is only a question when a married woman actually has relations with another man. Not if she gives birth.
And adultery has nothing to do with a single woman if there are no actual relations going on.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Recent Topics

Page 7 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children

Related Topics Replies Last Post
My 5 year old never cleans up
by amother
105 Today at 9:03 pm View last post
S/O Chanukah spirit - gifts for kids 7 Yesterday at 11:29 am View last post
7 year old still not toilet trained at night.
by amother
44 Yesterday at 2:01 am View last post
Remote/online jobs- do any of you have one?
by amother
12 Thu, Dec 02 2021, 8:10 pm View last post
Chizuk needed: Pls. remind me why we have kids
by amother
106 Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:02 pm View last post