Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
21 kids in one year
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 12:40 pm
Sick.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 2:08 pm
Quote:
The couple want to have more children, and have discussed having over 100 babies, but have decided to wait until their babies are older before they embark on another surrogacy journey.

Meanwhile Kristina hasn't ruled out giving birth to more babies biologically, but said it was 'not practical' at the moment with so many young children.

She pointed out that the IVF process is a big strain on the body and she doesn't want to be pregnant while going through the treatment. She explained: 'We just not ready to talk about the final number. Everything has its time.'

Quote:
However she also admitted looking after such a large number of children at once has proven more difficult than she thought it would be.

it sounds like they started the process of impregnating 21 surrogates before they realized how hard and overwhelming it would get. now that they are all here, it sounds like they are done. it will never get easier.

banana123

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 2:36 pm
I see attachment issues ahead.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 2:41 pm
The dad is ok with it?!?!!!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 2:55 pm
It sounds like the nannies are all live in but get days off.

Many right wing Mormon men have that many children.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 2:58 pm
watergirl wrote:
This.

They are not allowed to be picked up for soothing when they cry. Their mother has no time to look at each diaper so she needs photos. She limits their food to the gram. This is a mother with mental illness and instead of addressing it, she is becoming famous for it. Instagram should not allow her the platform and youtube, etc. should not be promoting her story either. She needs serious help. Shame on her country for allowing this as well. I do not understand why Georgia has so few limitations on surrogacy.

It's a cash cow and it provides for the lower-class women and their families, who would otherwise be dependent on government welfare.
It also brings in tourists.

keym

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 2:58 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:

But a mother is not meant to have that many, especially newborns and toddlers.
Octomom was a horror story- 8 infants, 13 under 6 or so. And reading up 10 years later, not all the kids are actually ok.

4g01o

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 3:17 pm
keym wrote:
But a mother is not meant to have that many, especially newborns and toddlers.
Octomom was a horror story- 8 infants, 13 under 6 or so. And reading up 10 years later, not all the kids are actually ok.

Yes and she still is a horror story! Yuck. It's really not ok.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:30 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:

However much I despise polygamy and the ensuing inequalities, I must say that at least the children are born to a mother, in a natural way. Each mother usually doesn't have more than one child a year. That gives you at least some time to bond.
There is a huge difference between that and 21 babies.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:35 pm
I wonder what the halacha is about a surrogate. who is the halachic mother. I'm scared of childbirth and even pregnancy at my age, and having experienced infertility and having just a few frozen embryos left and getting older,

if it was halachically allowed and I would still be the mother and if I had the money for it, I might want to get a surrogate for a few babies and then some full time help to take care of them. but definitely not to the extreme of this article.

mfb

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:39 pm
What jumped out at me was at the end of the article where it says she has them measure the food to the gram and they aren’t allowed even one dot more.
And also that they aren’t allowed to be given hugs?????
That sounds abusive to me !

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:57 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
I wonder what the halacha is about a surrogate. who is the halachic mother. I'm scared of childbirth and even pregnancy at my age, and having experienced infertility and having just a few frozen embryos left and getting older,

if it was halachically allowed and I would still be the mother and if I had the money for it, I might want to get a surrogate for a few babies and then some full time help to take care of them. but definitely not to the extreme of this article.

I know of a frum couple who had a baby via surrogacy. He's a teen now I think

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 6:10 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
However much I despise polygamy and the ensuing inequalities, I must say that at least the children are born to a mother, in a natural way. Each mother usually doesn't have more than one child a year. That gives you at least some time to bond.
There is a huge difference between that and 21 babies.

Although there is loads and loads of emotionally damaging dysfunction in polygamous Mormon families, they live in communities with other people like them so at least they have a social group of people who they can relate to.
This family will not fit in anywhere. These kids probably won't know to live in society.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 6:33 pm
What bothered me the most was this

"When asked on her social media account if each nanny is ‘assigned a particular child’, Kristina said: ‘No, there are no bindings. During the day - of course, a specific one is responsible for a specific child. But during the week the nannies change."

This (plus the fact that with so many kids it's probably not possible for their parents to be an attachment figure for them either) will probably lead to major attachment issues down the road....

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:25 pm
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:
I know of a frum couple who had a baby via surrogacy. He's a teen now I think

It’s very very very hard to do it. Only the sefardim hold that it’s ok. Woman has to be jewish but not married and many other factors.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:25 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Although there is loads and loads of emotionally damaging dysfunction in polygamous Mormon families, they live in communities with other people like them so at least they have a social group of people who they can relate to.
This family will not fit in anywhere. These kids probably won't know to live in society.

There at least each kid has a mom all the time. They just have to share their daddy with 3 other mommies.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:28 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
What bothered me the most was this

"When asked on her social media account if each nanny is ‘assigned a particular child’, Kristina said: ‘No, there are no bindings. During the day - of course, a specific one is responsible for a specific child. But during the week the nannies change."

This (plus the fact that with so many kids it's probably not possible for their parents to be an attachment figure for them either) will probably lead to major attachment issues down the road....

Hopefully they will attach to each other the way that kids in institutions do. Truthfully, I wish that the government would intervene. Freedom is great and we don't want governments to outlaw big families but these parents are not meeting the needs of the babies and they need to go to a good home.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:56 pm
I’m very confused here
I am in no way condoning what this lady is doing

But why is ok, for Yerushalmis to have 18 children they can’t support. Then they come to Lakewood and NY to collect charity. I am happy to give , but I resent being told over and over again that they are Kedusha itself. Whereas we are tumadik Americans. Our own saving grace is giving money to the Yerushalmis.

Lhavdil, this lady isn’t taking anything to support these children
In fact, they are probably supporting their country’s economy.
And we are all vilifying her.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:00 pm
flowerpower wrote:
It’s very very very hard to do it. Only the sefardim hold that it’s ok. Woman has to be jewish but not married and many other factors.

It is complicated. But I know people who are not sefardi who did it.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:00 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I’m very confused here
I am in no way condoning what this lady is doing

But why is ok, for Yerushalmis to have 18 children they can’t support. Then they come to Lakewood and NY to collect charity. I am happy to give , but I resent being told over and over again that they are Kedusha itself. Whereas we are tumadik Americans. Our own saving grace is giving money to the Yerushalmis.

Lhavdil, this lady isn’t taking anything to support these children
In fact, they are probably supporting their country’s economy.
And we are all vilifying her.

Not even sure where to start with this, but the comparison doesn't even begin to make sense. We are talking about 21 babies at once, not 18 children in a family. And we are talking about emotional deprivation, where you're talking about financial struggles. And I've never received the messages you do about Yerushalmi yidden. I love my brothers there, feel privileged to support life in the Holy Land and only wish I could live there myself.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics