Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
I won’t be able to go to my daughters chanuka workshop
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:05 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Yet, they're making the parents and students wear maske even when fully vaccinated.]

They are absolutely not making students wear masks. I’m not sure where you are getting this info from, that’s not what I said at all.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of course they’re not vaccinated, there’s no vaccine for them!

That's exactly the point. So the kids can't spread covid between each other? Of course they can. What does it matter if you are vaccinated or not?

watergirl

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Quote:
Really? To lie about it??
I have heard in the name of a certain Rosh Yeshiva who is know for his ehrlichkeit that since the mandates make NO SENSE (e.g. being recovered you probably have better immunity than the vaccinated) it is okay to get a card by any means. One assumes that is only where it's not easily detected of course.

Will he post bail for someone who gets caught with one of these fakes? Put his money where his mouth is?

Also, do you have any idea how many people have their names tossed around where it doesn't belong?

chanchy123

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They are absolutely not making students wear masks. I’m not sure where you are getting this info from, that’s not what I said at all.

That’s very odd.
I’m as pro vacation as they come and pro masking (when necessary) but this doesn’t make sense. I mean I’d expect my children’s schools to require a green pass for parents (vaccination card/proof of recovery/negative PCR test).
But why would the parents need to wear masks and not the kids? That’s very inconsistent and no wonder you think it’s random and not really about safety. I wonder if you can consult with your doctor again about vaccination - maybe she doesn’t think it’s necessary but doesn’t think it will do you any harm?
I can understand your frustration, I think schools need to make sure anyone can attend - if that means masks for the covid conscious and an option to test for vaccine-sceptics.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
So easy to get a vaccination card!

Yes! Let’s recommend that people should be involved with fraud

I do need to say OP I really do feel for you.
It stinks that because people aren’t getting vaccinated - there needs to be a vaccine mandate.
And the vaccine mandate really puts those who medically are recommend to avoid the vaccine in a tough spot - as they can’t get the vaccine but also are getting penalized for it

sevengirl

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:20 pm
Quote:
I have heard in the name of a certain Rosh Yeshiva who is know for his ehrlichkeit that since the mandates make NO SENSE (e.g. being recovered you probably have better immunity than the vaccinated) it is okay to get a card by any means. One assumes that is only where it's not easily detected of course.

Would you perhaps share who that rosh yeshiva is?

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:20 pm
This is so unfair to your daughter. They shouldn’t do the event at all if they won’t allow all parents to attend. Speak to whoever you need, raise your voice, make a fuss. There must be an alternative. Someone here is not thinking straight.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:37 pm
Can I ask where this school is located?
I can’t believe we’re upto that stage that the schools are threatening the parents for not being vaccinated. Next level! Can't Believe It
I also doubt you’re the only unvaccinated mom! Band together and protest! Either they make no performance or they allow all moms in! What kind of a dictatorship is this? The world has gone stir crazy!

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:39 pm
Quote:

Two wrongs don’t make a right. And that’s not very ehrlich.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Yes! Let’s recommend that people should be involved with fraud

I do need to say OP I really do feel for you.
It stinks that because people aren’t getting vaccinated - there needs to be a vaccine mandate.
And the vaccine mandate really puts those who medically are recommend to avoid the vaccine in a tough spot - as they can’t get the vaccine but also are getting penalized for it

It stinks because those vaccinated are also getting and spreading covid so my being vaccinated wouldn’t help those who can’t vaccinate for medical reasons. It stinks that you and so many others still don’t get it!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:02 pm
Zehava wrote:
This is so unfair to your daughter. They shouldn’t do the event at all if they won’t allow all parents to attend. Speak to whoever you need, raise your voice, make a fuss. There must be an alternative. Someone here is not thinking straight.

I plan to.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:03 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Can I ask where this school is located?
I can’t believe we’re upto that stage that the schools are threatening the parents for not being vaccinated. Next level! Can't Believe It
I also doubt you’re the only unvaccinated mom! Band together and protest! Either they make no performance or they allow all moms in! What kind of a dictatorship is this? The world has gone stir crazy!

I’m in NY, would rather not say where. I would feel terrible if someone figures out what school it is, and then badmouths them.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:05 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
So easy to get a vaccination card!

Yeah. And you can get free room and board for a few years for doing so!

groovy1224

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:08 pm
Quote:

Ahh yes. The anonymous rabbi quoted by an anonymous poster holds that you can lie as long as it makes sense to you. Very reliable advice.

I hope the school is willing to work with you, OP. Maybe your doctor can provide a note. A negative test + a mask really should be enough, IMO.

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:10 pm
DH was recently supposed to attend an event. They said he must be vaccinated or have documented recovery from covid. He has neither (although he suspects he had covid).

Some of his friends called the organization that was arranging, and they just repeated the requirements.

I went back to their original notice, which confirmed that they were doing so "based on XX state regulations." I checked the state regulations, and negative PCR within 3 days of event was also permitted.

When he sent this to the organization, they agreed that yes, he could take a PCR within 3 days of the event. Why they couldn't have read the regulations to begin with is beyond me.

Moral of the story? Check what they are basing their requirements on and offer an alternative. And don't ask the secretary, they will just parrot the rules they were given. Check with the person who set the rules to begin with.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
It stinks because those vaccinated are also getting and spreading covid so my being vaccinated wouldn’t help those who can’t vaccinate for medical reasons. It stinks that you and so many others still don’t get it!

At lower rates of getting and passing it

tree of life

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:17 pm
Just leave your daughter home that day so she won't be upset you are not there

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:39 pm
Spoke to someone, she said just make sure my mask is on right….

chanchy123

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Great, enjoy your school event.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wow, bh! I'm so happy for you!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics