Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What's the most important ingredient you've forgotten?
1  2  Next

chanatron1000

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 7:31 am
I just tried to brew a coffee. I forgot the coffee.

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 7:47 am
Not quite forgoton ingredient but I once added 5 cups of sugar instead of 5 spoons.

I was translating from Hebrew to English... Got it all wrong.

Then I kept wondering why my cookies keep melting in the oven...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 7:49 am
I once put salt instead of sugar in my apple compote. This was in eretz yisroel where the salt and sugar came in the same white bags.

English3

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 7:56 am
Left out sugar when making Challans.
Forgot oil in my sponge cake

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 8:00 am
I left out the roll of gefilte fish. I cooked the carrots and onions in water for 1.5 hours. Let it cool off. Accidently uncovered the pot while I was putting it in the fridge and noticed that there was no fish in the pot!

theotherone1

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 8:49 am
I'm sure I've done that too but nothing comes to mind. I did put a chicken in the oven to cook on Erev Shabbos but the house never started smelling like yummy chicken. An hour and a half into it, which is the time I normally take it out, I checked the oven only to find it wasn't there. I had put it in the fridge instead.

cuties' mom

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 8:50 am
There were times I didn't put chicken in my chicken soup, but it wasn't always accidental.
Ds and his friend were making a cake for a school party. Their plan was to bake 2 cakes, frost one, and turn the other one upside down on top of the frosted one. They each did some of the ingredients, but it wasn't until they tried flipping one cake and it fell apart that they realized nobody put in the eggs.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 8:51 am
I made cookies once and forgot the flour. They came out very flat but there was enough sugar and eggs and cocoa to give them substance. Now I use that modification for pesach cookies 😄

amf

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 8:53 am
Notsobusy wrote:
I left out the roll of gefilte fish. I cooked the carrots and onions in water for 1.5 hours. Let it cool off. Accidently uncovered the pot while I was putting it in the fridge and noticed that there was no fish in the pot!

I've done this! I only noticed at midnight on Thursdaywhen I went to drain the water...we had no gefilte fish that week, I was NOT staying up

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 8:55 am
I made an apple sauce spice cake but forgot the flour. It came out like soup.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:01 am
I made two gorgeous looking pumpkin pies. It's DD's favorite. I gave her a piece, she took one bite, and said "YUCK!" Now, when she was little she could be a Picky Princess, and I had taught her not to say yuck about food she didn't care for. I took a bit, spit it out, and agreed with her. YUCK!

I had forgotten to put in the sugar. I cut the pies into pieces and dried them in the oven. They made great dog treats.

One time DD asked for tater tots, so I made her a bunch. A few days later she asked for more. I couldn't find them anywhere. I emptied the whole freezer, and they weren't there! I know there was at least a half a bag left. It was a mystery.

Several days later, when I was looking for a screwdriver, I found the bag of tater tots in the tool drawer. Surprised

From then on, whenever anything went missing, no matter what it was, the first thing we would say was "Did you check the tool drawer?" LOL

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:11 am
Salt of course.

I don't know how but once or twice I left it out of potato kugel. Awful....

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:29 am
I made sushi rice for a function and by the time I was finished quadrupling the recipe I had octoupled (new word) the vinegar. I was too close to Shabbos to make more and it tasted awful embarrassed

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:38 am
Honey-less Honey Cake

Oldest

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:39 am
Left out the flour while making a cake lol

GLUE

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:16 am
I made a cake and left out the water, I could not figure out why the cake batter was not runny.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:21 am
amf wrote:
I've done this! I only noticed at midnight on Thursdaywhen I went to drain the water...we had no gefilte fish that week, I was NOT staying up

I’ve done this too, but only realised Friday night when I came to serve the fish!
Glad to know I’m not the only one!

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:23 am
When I made cholent a few weeks ago I forgot to add the beans and barley.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:56 am
I have forgotten salt in my challa. The texture was totally off and I couldn't work with it.

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:58 am
forgot salt in potato kugel 2 or 3 times.

forgot salt in chummus, couldn't understand why it tasted so weird, but that we were able to fix on shabbos once we figured it out!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics