Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What's the most important ingredient you've forgotten?
Previous  1  2

realsilver

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 2:55 pm
I forgot water in my rice. Dont ask me how!

amother
Feverfew

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 3:39 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
When I made cholent a few weeks ago I forgot to add the beans and barley.

Me too! Friday afternoon I was wondering why it's soooo watery!!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 5:25 pm
Not exactly the same but I once a cooked a Kishka like a gefilte fish! Cooked it in water with carrots and onions. We realized when I tried slicing it. Same packaging I didn't look at the label!!! LOL
(Wasn't edible in case you're wondering! Wink )

Teomima

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 1:26 pm
I made a zucchini bread...and forgot the zucchini.

tree of life

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 2:28 pm
Two things I can remember
First one I was newly married actually about a month decided to make honey cake I read the receipe as one cup of coffee yep you are right I put a whole cup of instant coffee without water I'm not a coffee drinker you guessed it didn't taste nice every year for the past 29 years when it comes to honey cake I remember this .
Second thing my mil was coming first time for Pesach I was making the kugelsfirst Pesach in Israel asked my kid to buy salt I just poured into the kugels the Salt look thicker but just thought this is Pesach salt in Israel I tasted it it was so salty
Bh was able to save. The kugels made the same amount again and mixed the mixtures and when I served the kugels I put on top instead of the dude of the plate the sweet carrots

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Not quite forgoton ingredient but I once added 5 cups of sugar instead of 5 spoons.

I was translating from Hebrew to English... Got it all wrong.

Then I kept wondering why my cookies keep melting in the oven...

Lol reminds me as a teenager I baked a special desert for yt. Came to serve it and it quickly became apparent something was very wrong. I used a handwritten smudged hebrew written recipe and turned out what I thought said 2 כסות really said 2 כפות, of sugar.

This week our store bought challa, same as we buy every week, tasted really really bad. Our options were either we all came down with covid at the same exact moment, or the bakery had forgotten the salt. The other 2 challas tasted great, it was very odd.

finprof

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 6:54 pm
I forgot beans in chili. Don't ask me how

shanie5

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 9:32 pm
When I was a kid, I decided to bake a cake. I was ready to put it in the oven when my mom came home. She dipped her finger in the batter to taste it, grimaced, and asked what I put in it. We went over the ingredients, one of which said 1 baking soda. I put in 1 cup instead of 1 teaspoon. The batter went down the drain instead of into the oven.

I have no idea how many times I put up food in the crock pot and forgot to plug it in. Mostly this happens with chulent and is realized before shabbos. But sometimes I think I'm organozed in the morning and put up chicken in the crockpot only to come home and find it still raw.

amother
Calendula

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 9:43 pm
Potato kugel without eggs.
Anonymous because I told people IRL and highly DOUBT anyone else ever did this. Hi

amother
Azalea

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 9:44 pm
The first time I hosted a Shabbat meal I put chili powder instead of paprika in the cholent. It was soooo spicy! Thankfully my guests were so gracious and said they love spicy food embarrassed

amother
Latte

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 9:57 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Potato kugel without eggs.
Anonymous because I told people IRL and highly DOUBT anyone else ever did this. Hi

I do this all the time on purpose!! My DC has an egg allergy.

amother
Calendula

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
I do this all the time on purpose!! My DC has an egg allergy.

Mine was not edible. Do you put more water or oil instead?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics