Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Upcoming kids vaccine- nauseous about what future will be
Previous  1  2  3  Next

octopus

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:07 am
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why all of a sudden its ok to be anti vax now?

have you looked at a vaccine insert for any of the multitude shots they inject your perfectly healthy baby with?

now with this new covid vaccine and mandate maybe parents will wake up and educate themselves about what goes into these shots.

and just so you know, people have no issue calling anti vaxxers such horrid names, but you'll never see an anti vaxxer call someone who is hesitant about this covid shot any names...

Any vaccine that has not been around for 10 years is considered new. As per my pediatrician. I might be ok with being a guinea pig myself but I'm not okay for my kids . You cannot compare vaccines that have been around for decades to one that has just come out.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:10 am
imasinger wrote:
I will make a bet with anyone who wants, of $18 to the tzedaka of your choice, that the current iteration of Covid vaccine will not become mandatory for children in any free country, within the next 5 years.

Living in NY, I would almost take you up on that bet. I won’t, because I don’t like taking money from people. I’m thinking it won’t even take a year here, probably not even 6 months.

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:14 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Yes it will in many US states. I hope many people take you up on the offer because you will lose the bet.

So PM me, and take me up. I'm confident about this. Adult workers in high transmission jobs are one thing. Children are another. IMO, it won't fly, politically or medically, to require children between 5 and 11 to be vaccinated.

But it has to be statewide children Covid vaccine mandatory, no exceptions; it can't be vaccinate children OR have them mask/test in higher risk settings. The latter is common sense.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:24 am
imasinger wrote:
So PM me, and take me up. I'm confident about this. Adult workers in high transmission jobs are one thing. Children are another. IMO, it won't fly, politically or medically, to require children between 5 and 11 to be vaccinated.

But it has to be statewide children Covid vaccine mandatory, no exceptions; it can't be vaccinate children OR have them mask/test in higher risk settings. The latter is common sense.

I don’t think that’s true. I don’t know who decides on vaccine status- state or local. I believe (though I could be wrong) that in NYS the flu shot is recommended for ages 6 months- 5 years for any child in preschool or daycare, but in NYC it is required. I’m too tired to google it, someone else can verify or say I’m wrong.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:27 am
octopus wrote:
Any vaccine that has not been around for 10 years is considered new. As per my pediatrician. I might be ok with being a guinea pig myself but I'm not okay for my kids . You cannot compare vaccines that have been around for decades to one that has just come out.

If everyone thought like this and no one would be willing to give their kids "new" vaccines, the new ones would never become "old" and there never would be enough data for them to be considered totally safe. It basically arrests medical development.
What about new medications or new operation techniques? If no one ever was willing to try them, mankind would medically remain stuck on the level of 2021 for the rest of time. What if people had stopped trusting new treatments in the 19th century? We'd have no antibiotics, no cancer treatments, no modern operations. No CTs. No MRIs. The list goes on.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:29 am
Remember all those conversations here on Imamother a year ago? We were all so nastily called conspiracy theorists.
Well, guess what, every fear is coming to be true but now the same people are hiding.

We live in a world of Reshaim, there isnt much we can do except Daven.

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:30 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I don’t think that’s true. I don’t know who decides on vaccine status- state or local. I believe (though I could be wrong) that in NYS the flu shot is recommended for ages 6 months- 5 years for any child in preschool or daycare, but in NYC it is required. I’m too tired to google it, someone else can verify or say I’m wrong.

You don't think what's true? I'm confused.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:32 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
If everyone thought like this and no one would be willing to give their kids "new" vaccines, the new ones would never become "old" and there never would be enough data for them to be considered totally safe. It basically arrests medical development.
What about new medications or new operation techniques? If no one ever was willing to try them, mankind would medically remain stuck on the level of 2021 for the rest of time. What if people had stopped trusting new treatments in the 19th century? We'd have no antibiotics, no cancer treatments, no modern operations. No CTs. No MRIs. The list goes on.

Except the big difference is covid is not dangerous for kids (except for a crazy minority) so why should we risk anything at all. They are already admitting myocarditis from the shot so it is already not worth the risk at all.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:36 am
imasinger wrote:
You don't think what's true? I'm confused.

Sorry, didn’t get much sleep last night, so I’m not sure I’m making sense. I don’t think it would be a statewide thing, as you said, because I don’t believe all vaccine requirements are statewide, at least not in NY.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:40 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:

So now we just have to blindly trust everything, we can’t be weary at all? There is a general process for new vaccines, and this one didn’t follow that general process. In addition, the illness which it is protecting against (if it even does that) is not generally dangerous for the age group to which the vaccine is being proposed. Why would one give their child a vaccine for something that is generally not dangerous for them? It’s not about protecting others, because that’s not what this vaccine is meant to do. This vaccine is meant to protect the one getting vaccinated. If the person getting vaccinated does t need protection from the illness, why would you give them the vaccine?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:05 am
imasinger wrote:
I will make a bet with anyone who wants, of $18 to the tzedaka of your choice, that the current iteration of Covid vaccine will not become mandatory for children in any free country, within the next 5 years.

Honestly if you said 1800 you'd sound more confident.
In NY- before the next school year.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:13 am
imasinger wrote:

Did you think they would fire healthcare workers, teachers, first responders, firefighters, and policemen who would refuse the vaccine? I doubt it. So don't be so confident it won't be mandated for children.

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:26 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Honestly if you said 1800 you'd sound more confident.
In NY- before the next school year.

Are you a fundraiser? 😂

I can be confident at $18 per customer, tyvm.

And to the above poster, while I personally think mandating first responders, teachers, etc to get the vaccine for their work, without excepting those who can prove they have antibodies, or are willing to mask and test properly, is ridiculous, I see a huge difference between that and mandating children for all circumstances (especially if you consider not just public school).

Sb1234

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:32 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Very big difference between having people voluntarily test them and forcing people to test them.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:36 am
Lol no not a fundraiser. But bets need to be placed on an amount people find valuable. I don't mean to be insulting just practical.

Israel seems to have found a cure for covid with 96% success rate in moderate to severe cases. I'm davening it will make this whole thing go away.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:54 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
So now we just have to blindly trust everything, we can’t be weary at all? There is a general process for new vaccines, and this one didn’t follow that general process. In addition, the illness which it is protecting against (if it even does that) is not generally dangerous for the age group to which the vaccine is being proposed. Why would one give their child a vaccine for something that is generally not dangerous for them? It’s not about protecting others, because that’s not what this vaccine is meant to do. This vaccine is meant to protect the one getting vaccinated. If the person getting vaccinated does t need protection from the illness, why would you give them the vaccine?

Why? Because I want to make sure my children get a complete, uninterrupted school year this time round. We're in Israel, my children spent most of the last school year at home, they're small and didn't learn anything on zoom and basically have lost a whole year. I'm working and had to work the whole year and couldn't homeschool them. If that happens again, I can start writing off their education and gave them all go into special ed. Two of them are already in special classes. I just want no more closed schools and also no more quarantines! I don't see any reason to expect hideous unpredictable side effects from the vaccine in children.
Dh and I have had 3 shots each with no problems.

Edited to add, of course it should remain voluntary and not mandatory.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:00 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:

That’s not true
My kid is on a brand new drug on compassionate use. Pre clinical trials for children, used about a year or 2 for adults with a different diagnosis.
So why am I letting dc be a guinea pig? Because I first need my kid to live... we’re hoping for the best on long term effects. I still would not give the Covid vaccine to any of my kids, because the risk/benefit ratio does not add up. That said, our pediatrician (very pro childhood vaccines in general) said he refuses to vaccinate kids for Covid. He said whoever of his patients will want to get vaccinated can go elsewhere...

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:13 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Why? Because I want to make sure my children get a complete, uninterrupted school year this time round. We're in Israel, my children spent most of the last school year at home, they're small and didn't learn anything on zoom and basically have lost a whole year. I'm working and had to work the whole year and couldn't homeschool them. If that happens again, I can start writing off their education and gave them all go into special ed. Two of them are already in special classes. I just want no more closed schools and also no more quarantines! I don't see any reason to expect hideous unpredictable side effects from the vaccine in children.
Dh and I have had 3 shots each with no problems.

Edited to add, of course it should remain voluntary and not mandatory.

The bolded is what this whole thread is about though. Mandating the vaccine. You, as a parent, should have the right to decide what is best for YOUR child, and I should have the right to choose what is best for mine.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 6:47 am
I was filled with dread too. For me it got better when I accepted that life as I know it might change. And I'm someone that thought I had my whole life planned out. There are things I might have to give up. I don't know what will happen.
It was the understanding that I might have to move or I might have to home school or I might have to give up my job or I might have to ...
They just want everyone to be afraid. So one person is afraid of covid, and the next one is afraid to lose freedom. It's all the same to them.
You need to choose not to be afraid of anything. The only thing that matters is that you are making good choices. Working very hard on Bitachon helps. I recommend the Bitachon for Life phone line. I started listening in the summer from the beginning. It started around the time covid did. When he says we have to tell ourselves it's not the pandemic it's Hashem, I replace it with it's not a mandate it's Hashem. It's not a corrupt FDA, it's Hashem. It's not the liberals, it's Hashem.
Our ancestors didn't have easy lives. Who said we need to? It was this realization that helped the most.
Be strong! You can do it!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:07 am
imasinger wrote:
Are you a fundraiser? 😂

I can be confident at $18 per customer, tyvm.

And to the above poster, while I personally think mandating first responders, teachers, etc to get the vaccine for their work, without excepting those who can prove they have antibodies, or are willing to mask and test properly, is ridiculous, I see a huge difference between that and mandating children for all circumstances (especially if you consider not just public school).

Just FYI, the vaccine for little people is set to get approval some time this week. I don’t know about other places, but how long do you think it will be before NYS or at least NYC mandates it?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics