Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Which book cover? [poll]
Previous  1  2  3

Which are you more likely to buy?
Option A  
 50%  [ 66 ]
Option B  
 50%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 132

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:08 pm
I like the minimal vibe of A better. On the other hand I'm never going to read this book bec horror\thriller books terrify me so I'm not the best judge πŸ˜‚

Last edited by Crookshanks on Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:14 pm
B grabs your attention more. The font helps. Although when I first looked at it on my phone I couldn't make out what the cover was on B because it's very dark and not so much contrast.

This is nitpicky but the little kid in A looks like a black boy (facial features)and doesn't match the adult (looks like a white) woman on the right, if they're supposed to be the same person. If it's a story about a black woman just change the adult silouhette and if it's a story about a white woman change the boy silhouette.

The book sounds very interesting. Will it be sci-fi or will this story line be a horror that can actually happen.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:07 pm
Nitpicking - but the L and I attach on cover B and look like a U
Also that font is so familiar - is there another frum book that has that recently?

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:30 pm
I like the cover of A better but something about the font and layout looks more indie than B does. A says it's self published more than B, but I don't know if that matters. Also to consider is that some covers look better in print than they do when it's a ebook cover, so that can also make a difference.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:25 pm
After a bunch of feedback, I went back to the designer of option A to request a revision (to all graphic designers who might be wondering, YES I plan on paying extra for it! ;-)). Since I'm not a designer and have trouble expressing myself in design terms,, I made the following very amateur example of what I'm asking for. Does this change your opinion of which cover? I would really like to go with A, but there's been such an overwhelming preference for B in most forums that now I'm not sure.

The emotional tone of SOME of the book is like B, but the overall inner journey aspect is much more in line with A. Okay, what do you think? Imagine the concept redone by a professional:

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:28 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Nitpicking - but the L and I attach on cover B and look like a U
Also that font is so familiar - is there another frum book that has that recently?

No idea. But this isn't a frum book and I doubt we used the same designer. ;-)

(It's a perfectly "kosher" book, and the main character is Jewish, but that's a side point.)

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:44 pm
The revision looks good and so I continue to go with β€œA”. .

But the child in profile still looks like a boy (I had stated that previously). Am I the only one that thinks so? I assume its supposed to be a girl...?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:52 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:

But the child in profile still looks like a boy (I had stated that previously). Am I the only one that thinks so? I assume its supposed to be a girl...?

I don't see it as overly boyish. It's hard to tell from a profile of a child whether it's a boy or girl, and hair in the way would obscure the image.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:53 pm
Would A look better in all color, vs. black and white? Or is it better in mostly black and white with the fiery title and smoke in color as accents?

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:01 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Would A look better in all color, vs. black and white? Or is it better in mostly black and white with the fiery title and smoke in color as accents?

I like the black and white look, think it's more dramatic. Also if you're doing ebooks, black and white is better for ereaders as they don't do color.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:04 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
I like the black and white look, think it's more dramatic. Also if you're doing ebooks, black and white is better for ereaders as they don't do color.

That's good to know! I'm hoping to release this as a print book, eBook, and audiobook.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:07 pm
I would read A
Prefer psychological and don’t ever want to read fictional horror which is what b looks like to me

Much continued hatzlocha!

Shoshie

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:25 pm
I voted for "A" because I like the back-to-back profiles. I'm not overwhelmed with the bridge, though. It looks too jumbled--like a combination of a pier, a cart, and railroad tracks.

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:26 pm
Cover A tells a story to me.
Cover B is attention grabbing.
Both are great.

naomi2

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:09 pm
I voted option a because option b looked too scary for me. Maybe that's what you are going for idk.

Sara B.

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:15 pm
Option A makes me expect a more emotional connection to characters ... more about the people than the story. I like it better because the human image attracts to me as an emotional person. There’s something about the faces that pulls me to look again [quote]

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:28 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:

That is definitely a boy haircut to me. The bangs need either need to be longer, or they need to be gotten rid of.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:09 am
Re: the child on cover looking like a boy.

Its the haircut and the shirt, both look boyish.

The adult looks like a woman.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:03 pm
I think you should make A look more dramatic like B - while keeping the same design.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club