Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Extremely turned off from child’s Morah

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:53 pm
My daughter is 2. She’s by a Morah who’s not being straight with the parents at all. When I signed up she was supposed to be at a convenient location for me. She let us know a few weeks into school that the place isn’t working out for her and she’ll have to move. I’m very unhappy with the new location it adds about 8 mins to my drive both ways which in the morning is fine but the afternoon is very hard for me as I’m rushing like crazy to my next pickup. The other thing that happened I’m gonna be very vague about. She said due to circumstances she’s offering a mandatory service that’s gonna be $xx a month. (Think extended hours type thing but not exactly that) she texted out now that she’s sees it’s not working for everyone and that she’s gonna offer it as optional. But tuition is not going to go back to the original amount. If u opt out of the service shell deduct a small amount but not go back to the original tuition price. I feel like she’s very not straight and I can’t really get past it. I’m dying to pull out but feel bad doing that and don’t even know if I’ll be able to find another group.
Anyone have insight for me?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:57 pm
Why on earth would you feel about about a person who is moving locations, raising prices, and playing games with you?

Start looking for new groups now, before you pull out. As soon as you have something better lined up, you can switch.

Parents switch playgroups in the middle of the year for all kinds of reasons. You never know when something nearby will open up.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:00 pm
OP, I pulled my child out of playgroup because the teacher was not keeping her end of the deal. I was bh able to find a new group. Don't feel bad about taking out, you need to feel comfortable with where your toddler is.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:05 pm
You don't need to feel bad. She's not holding up her end of the deal and you don't have to agree with any of the new arrangements. It's legitimate to leave. I would find a new place first and then pull out since it's not a dangerous situation.

smss

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:15 pm
Ugh I wouldn't feel ok about that either. I think I would go along for my child's sake, while looking for another playgroup. You can use the location change as your excuse.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter is 2. She’s by a Morah who’s not being straight with the parents at all. When I signed up she was supposed to be at a convenient location for me. She let us know a few weeks into school that the place isn’t working out for her and she’ll have to move. I’m very unhappy with the new location it adds about 8 mins to my drive both ways which in the morning is fine but the afternoon is very hard for me as I’m rushing like crazy to my next pickup. The other thing that happened I’m gonna be very vague about. She said due to circumstances she’s offering a mandatory service that’s gonna be $xx a month. (Think extended hours type thing but not exactly that) she texted out now that she’s sees it’s not working for everyone and that she’s gonna offer it as optional. But tuition is not going to go back to the original amount. If u opt out of the service shell deduct a small amount but not go back to the original tuition price. I feel like she’s very not straight and I can’t really get past it. I’m dying to pull out but feel bad doing that and don’t even know if I’ll be able to find another group.
Anyone have insight for me?

You're right. She doesn't sound erlich at all. I would pull out

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:39 pm
AYLOR. She isn't keeping to the contract, I can't imagine you have an obligation to.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:04 am
Still by this morah. I didn’t write in the op but she’s great with kids. All my issues with her relate to the way she deals with parents and feeling like she’s squeezing us for money she isn’t entitled to.

What do I give for chanuka? Don’t wanna sound ungrateful as my child likes going and is happy..

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:09 am
Wow. You have every right to pull out and not feel bad.

And I'm someone who feels bad about everything...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:11 am
The location not working out and having to move, could be beyond her control. However the other issue you mention sounds like an issue, though since you are being vague, it's hard to condemn the Morah (we don't have enough details).

However, I will share with you my attitude to all caregivers of my child. They are taking care of my child. I want my child to be the winner! So I'd show my appreciation. You don't have to go overboard, but something nice and sweet is appropriate, and you don't want to detract from the relationship here because it's your child that is at stake.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:12 am
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
Wow. You have every right to pull out and not feel bad.

And I'm someone who feels bad about everything...

I would but having a very very hard time finding something

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:19 am
Hold on
She’s great with your daughter
Your daughter is super happy there
She’s being well cared for
This is priceless
Speak to the Morah first

She’s not right
But in the post about the baby food someone said something about covering costs
How back in January, registration month, there was no way to know that prices would have skyrocketed astronomically and that Morahs are not covering cost.

Speak to her
Let her know that you understand
But that you also are hit by the increase cost of everything

If after having a heart to heart you are not happy with the Morah’s attitude, then start finding a new place.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:35 am
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Hold on
She’s great with your daughter
Your daughter is super happy there
She’s being well cared for
This is priceless
Speak to the Morah first

She’s not right
But in the post about the baby food someone said something about covering costs
How back in January, registration month, there was no way to know that prices would have skyrocketed astronomically and that Morahs are not covering cost.

Speak to her
Let her know that you understand
But that you also are hit by the increase cost of everything

If after having a heart to heart you are not happy with the Morah’s attitude, then start finding a new place.

I’m not sure which baby food thread ur referring to. I prob didn’t read it. But the first week of school when there were like 3 days before Rh I was already sensing a trend am decided to speak to the morah about my concerns. She apologized and offered me to pull out (I couldn’t find anything even then!!) and then she told me to speak to some other people who’ve sent to her in the past so I did and I realized maybe there’s a cultural clash about where I’m coming from and she is. So I let it go. Not cuz I was happy but bec I didn’t have any other options. Since then it’s just a trend. Any time She can get away with taking off she will. She’s stopping her 3 pm play group early this week cuz it of chanuka. Yes it’s just 15 mins but I asked like 10 neighbors if this is normal and not one other morah is doing the same. Its a personality and I’m having a very very hard time with it. I’m a very straight person and I feel like I’m dealing with someone who likes taking advantage and it’s just a clash. So $18 good for chanuka?

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Nov 29 2021, 9:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m not sure which baby food thread ur referring to. I prob didn’t read it. But the first week of school when there were like 3 days before Rh I was already sensing a trend am decided to speak to the morah about my concerns. She apologized and offered me to pull out (I couldn’t find anything even then!!) and then she told me to speak to some other people who’ve sent to her in the past so I did and I realized maybe there’s a cultural clash about where I’m coming from and she is. So I let it go. Not cuz I was happy but bec I didn’t have any other options. Since then it’s just a trend. Any time She can get away with taking off she will. She’s stopping her 3 pm play group early this week cuz it of chanuka. Yes it’s just 15 mins but I asked like 10 neighbors if this is normal and not one other morah is doing the same. Its a personality and I’m having a very very hard time with it. I’m a very straight person and I feel like I’m dealing with someone who likes taking advantage and it’s just a clash. So $18 good for chanuka?

I hear you
Keep on looking
But in the meanwhile don’t let on that you are upset
$18- is extremely generous
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers