Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Roasted vegetables without sugar recipes
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:03 pm
In a vinaigrette I feel like the acid of the vinegar needs a little sweetness to counterbalance. I will put a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey. Usually to taste.

corolla

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:38 pm
Just adding that I've recently discovered roasted beets (why did it take this long??). What's definitely a crime is boiling them! DO NOT BOIL YOUR BEETS.

Roasting them concentrates the sugars and makes them oh so delicious!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:48 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
if you like cumin add it to your sweet potatoes.

thats how I got hubby to like sweet potatoes.

I don't add it to my roasted sweet potatoes but when I make myself a cholent, it's with sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and I put in cumin 😁

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 5:10 pm
I've never put sweetener on roasted veggies.

If you're used to sweet vegetables, try roasting almost anything orange (sweet potato, carrot, butternut squash, etc). The natural disasters caramelize. Yum. Or, add balsamic vinegar to any veggie. As it roasts the vinegar becomes more concentrated and sweeter. Great cauliflower, onions, cabbage, green beans, and more.

Otherwise I just use salt and olive oil.

observer

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 5:28 pm
I actually don't know any roasted veg recipe that does have sugar. Soo delicious with salt, pepper, olive oil. No need for a sweetener, it would take away!

ShishKabob wrote:
Come look at the cookbooks coming out now, I couldn't find one recipe in the salad section that doesn't come with some kind of sugar on the dressing! It's crazy!
So many cooks perpetrating crimes against food !!! Smile

Salad is different than cooked vegetables.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 5:28 pm
I recently tried Montreal chicken seasoning on roasted veg and yum!
(Don’t know if there’s sugar in it)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes