Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Any "NO separating eggs" amazing cake recipes?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:02 pm
wait. you dont eat potato starch but you eat chocolate???? how is that???

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 8:21 pm
that's the way it is in Lub., MB

mama-star

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 12:32 am
HV = holy veibelach

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 10:38 am
why are you making fu of me? I do a lot. so my typing isn't perfect. who here is?

mama-star

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:03 am
I don't think it's quite accurate to say "that's the way it is in lubavitch." I don't eat potato starch OR chocolate on pesach, and I know plenty of people who don't eat those things either.

on the other hand, I know of a number of people who do eat BOTH of those things, and they bake their cakes erev pesach.

so I don't think we can paint a picture of "pesach by lubavitch" when many people hold differently. even in the chabad forum we discussed this.

Mevater

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:23 am
chocolate moose wrote:
why are you making fu of me? I do a lot. so my typing isn't perfect. who here is?
Who's making fun? Just kibbetzing.

mama-star

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:27 am
I wasn't making fun either, chas v'shalom.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 11:47 am
mama-star wrote:
I don't think it's quite accurate to say "that's the way it is in lubavitch." I don't eat potato starch OR chocolate on pesach, and I know plenty of people who don't eat those things either.

on the other hand, I know of a number of people who do eat BOTH of those things, and they bake their cakes erev pesach.

so I don't think we can paint a picture of "pesach by lubavitch" when many people hold differently. even in the chabad forum we discussed this.

What I meant by "that's the way it is" meant that "ppl do different things, and not for any specific reason."

happyone

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 8:06 am
mama-star wrote:
HV = holy veibelach

LOL

CM, no one is making fun of anyone. Arent you glad people can still smile when they have soooo much work to do. (that's why they hang out on imamother Wink )

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 8:29 am
Hey, I came onto this thread cuz I thought I'd be able to glean some yummy, easy recipes. I'm reading from the bottom up and all I'm getting is bickering, so far. Does that taste well and bake easily? Confused

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 10:13 am
I saw another one in this weeks binah-want the recipe from that one?

cookielady

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 10:17 am
Well, downsyndrome, I am happily making sugar roasted almods today. No bickering, unless the kids decide to play tackle football inside the house again. 8)

Also dried apple chips. another great snack.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 10:23 am
no apples on shabbos or the first days, though. not until after the 2nd seder. we find that VERY hard !

redhot

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 11:27 pm
so back to the original post - heres a great non gebrokts, whole egg recipe

TollHouse Cake:
1 cup potato starch
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup choc chips

Mix. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 35-40 minutes. Original recipe included ground nuts but we make it cuz it tasted better without.

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 12:18 am
redhot wrote:

Mix. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 35-40 minutes. Original recipe included ground nuts but we make it cuz it tasted better without.

Do you really mean 'mix' as in mix by hand, or did you mean 'beat' as in beat in mixer/machine?

redhot

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 12:37 am
I use a hand mixer

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 1:04 pm
cindy324 wrote:
I'm also planning on trying a crumb cake recipe from Passover by design, I believe it's also "egg-separation" free, let me know if you want the recipe and I'll type it up.
To Cindy324:
PPPPPPPPPPlease Let me know how it comes out- I got it from the Binah and the crumbs got brown BUT the cake is liquid after the suggested baking time- I hope it's not MY new convection oven thats the problem or is there a misprint in the Binah? The cake part of the recipe is: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, tsp BP, TBSP vanilla, 1 cup oil, 4 eggs, 1 cup potato starch.

Does the Pass. By Design cookbook say the same? Or, If anyone else has the Passover by Design Cookbook can they tell me if the above are the correct amounts? TIA

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 21 2008, 9:01 pm
redhot, think it'd be okay without the vanilla & baking powder?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Apr 21 2008, 11:05 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Here's one that my MIL makes every pesach, and it's delicious. However, I'm pretty sure she doubles the recipe for the same size pan, because supposedly otherwise the cake comes out too flat. You might want to experiment with it using the original recipe first.

Super Pesach chocolate cake

4 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 c. oil
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. nuts, chopped
3/4 c. potato starch

Mix eggs just until yolks and whites are combined , but not foamy. Add rest of ingredients and mix only until mixture is smooth. DO NOT OVERMIX! Bake in 9x13 pan for 45-50 min. at 350. (will prob. have to bake longer if doubling recipe)

I'm also planning on trying a crumb cake recipe from Passover by design, I believe it's also "egg-separation" free, let me know if you want the recipe and I'll type it up.

I also wanted to make a cake on YT withouut separating eggs. I made this one. I didn't get all the potato starch clumps smooth, but it came out delicious! FYI: I made it in a wonder baker! Smile

redhot

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 1:28 am
chocolate moose wrote:
redhot, think it'd be okay without the vanilla & baking powder?

im sorry, I really have no clue
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics