Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job in the Medical Industry

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:10 pm
Hey!
I'm wondering if all of you lovely Imas can help me brainstorm here with career ideas. I would love to do something in the medical field. I enjoy learning new things about medicine and rare diseases, I love doing research, and I enjoy helping people. I do not like boring, repetitive work and I'm not the greatest with people face to face so a receptionist in a doctor's office type job wouldn't be the greatest fit. (Interestingly enough, I'm super comfortable talking to doctors though. Lots of experience, I guess Cool ).
Here's the problem. At my current stage and situation in life, I can only work very part time and I don't have time for school now either so I can't get a degree/license in the medical field. Any job ideas?

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:18 pm
PhD in research
Genetic counseling

How much time do you have to devote to a new career? And what’s your current qualifications? Ba?

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:30 pm
You can also look into volunteering of working for an org like RCCS, chaim medical or Refuah helpline...

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hey!
I'm wondering if all of you lovely Imas can help me brainstorm here with career ideas. I would love to do something in the medical field. I enjoy learning new things about medicine and rare diseases, I love doing research, and I enjoy helping people. I do not like boring, repetitive work and I'm not the greatest with people face to face so a receptionist in a doctor's office type job wouldn't be the greatest fit. (Interestingly enough, I'm super comfortable talking to doctors though. Lots of experience, I guess Cool ).
Here's the problem. At my current stage and situation in life, I can only work very part time and I don't have time for school now either so I can't get a degree/license in the medical field. Any job ideas?

Maybe a scribe where you type for the doctor?
Not sure where you live but in the tri state area many urgent cares and doctors offices don't require medical assistants to be certified/tasks that you don't need to be certified for (you do patient intake, blood pressure, strep tests, etc).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics