Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Trying to figure out salary - please help
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:32 pm
I'm an extremely valued employee as a personal assistant.

I work about 15 hours per week, very flexible job. Working here for about 7 years.

What's the most I can ask for in the current job market?

I will not continue working at the rate I am getting, I need to get a lot more. What's the most I can ask for that is still reasonable?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm an extremely valued employee as a personal assistant.

I work about 15 hours per week, very flexible job. Working here for about 7 years.

What's the most I can ask for in the current job market?

I will not continue working at the rate I am getting, I need to get a lot more. What's the most I can ask for that is still reasonable?

Try $32-35 an hr. Will warn you- to ur boss that’s a LOT of money for 15 hr a week employee but you can prob get that elsewhere untrained that’s how crazy it is out there

ETA: I’m changing it. I have an assistant and was crunching the number wrong u can ask for more ..

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:37 pm
Your job is flexible that you work whenever you want.

Or you are flexible with them that you work whenever they want.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:49 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
Your job is flexible that you work whenever you want.

Or you are flexible with them that you work whenever they want.

I need to basically work office hours, but flexible in terms of when within business hours those 15 hours are actually worked.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:50 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Try $32-35 an hr. Will warn you- to ur boss that’s a LOT of money for 15 hr a week employee but you can prob get that elsewhere untrained that’s how crazy it is out there

ETA: I’m changing it. I have an assistant and was crunching the number wrong u can ask for more ..

How would that amount translate into an annual salary?

And if I can make that amount starting out somewhere else, then am I not worth like double that??

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:54 pm
I earn $55 an hour under similar circumstances...

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How would that amount translate into an annual salary?

And if I can make that amount starting out somewhere else, then am I not worth like double that??

It’s $25k a year for $32 an hr. Nope you can’t ask for double, at a certain point you do become replaceable...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
It’s $25k a year for $32 an hr. Nope you can’t ask for double, at a certain point you do become replaceable...

Thanks! At what point though?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:18 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Thanks. This is helpful. Are you on salary or hourly? How much do you come out with at the years end either way?
And when was the last time you got a raise that you are currently at this wage?
Thanks!

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:31 pm
Similar circumstances as well. I earn about $43/hour on a salary

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:34 pm
Wow cool please someone find me a 15 hour a week job at $43-50 an hour!

Where are y’all finding these jobs?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Similar circumstances as well. I earn about $43/hour on a salary

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out how hourly translates into a number for salary? Are you able to help me with that please?
And also, when was the last time you reevaluated your salary with your employer?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:43 pm
I work closer abt 20 hrs a wk, but I work only when my kids are in school. (plus shorter summer hrs) I make a little over 42k salary, when I calculated hourly to the way school schedule is for jan 2020 -dec 2020, I earn abt 48.50/hr

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. This is helpful. Are you on salary or hourly? How much do you come out with at the years end either way?
And when was the last time you got a raise that you are currently at this wage?
Thanks!

I'm on an hourly wage, more like 17-18 hours a week. I get paid yom tov and sick days. I would say roughly 50k annually. My last raise was about a year ago; I'll probably ask for another one in a few months or so.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I'm on an hourly wage, more like 17-18 hours a week. I get paid yom tov and sick days. I would say roughly 50k annually. My last raise was about a year ago; I'll probably ask for another one in a few months or so.

Thanks for replying. And how much of a raise would you feel comfortable asking for at this point?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:57 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Wow! This sounds amazing! What’s ur employer like? I have a business and I have a (personal) assistant bec I found that I had some seasons that were so stressful and I was outsourcing so much it’s almost cheaper and certainly easier this way!
My assistant has an amazing job. 15-20 hours a week, very flexible and most of the time a light work load. But I can not imagine paying that much! Maybe I’m not nearly as well off Wink

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:57 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Can I ask what you do? And where I might find such a well paying job?

I’m paid well but 40 k annually for 22 hours a week. You’re paid really nicely! I was just recently in the job market and didn’t find any such well paying jobs!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 4:17 pm
You are being paid extremely well actually!!! Especially if you only started recently.

As The only way you can get a lot more is if you are working there for a while and build yourself up and prove your worth. You can't find a job that's that much for starting salary.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 4:54 pm
A friend of mine has a great reputation as an English teacher in a boys Yeshiva. She makes 30k for 12 hours a week. When I tried telling that that it comes with prep/ take home work and dealing with parents she said it’s minimal maybe 1-2 hours a week of outside work.
Little prep and no tests cuz she teaches lower elementary..

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 6:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for replying. And how much of a raise would you feel comfortable asking for at this point?

I would ask for 5/hr but I don't think he'll give me more than 3.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries