Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Cleo Smith found

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 5:30 am
I'm in Australia and have been in shock since this morning when I woke up to find out that Cleo Smith was found. I know many of you may have been unaware of this case, but Cleo was a 4 year old girl whose parents said she was abducted from their tent eighteen days ago.

The police launched a local but also nationwide search, the government announced a 1 million dollar reward, but statistically, there's a very low likelihood that a child is still alive days, much less weeks after an abduction. I assumed the worst.

Didn't have a chance to really read the story until just now but I'm tearing up on reading that the police called her parents and said "we have someone who would like to speak to you." Meanwhile all this while many people were eyeing the parents for this.

I haven't even finished reading this totally and details haven't really been announced but there's a guy in his upper thirties in custody, police have said there's no connection to the family and they don't believe anyone else was involved.

How incredible that this little girl is still alive. I'm so grateful and I don't even know her. What a nes.

Roots

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 6:39 am
omg!!! I was following this story. I kept looking her up and by the end of last week in my heart I felt that theres no way they will find her after so long
thank you for bringing this up such great news!

jflower

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 6:43 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a......html

Chasdei Hashem!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 7:04 am
Now we wait to find out who this horrible person is. DH told me he was just taken to a hospital after being in police custody? But honestly the main thing for now is that Cleo was found alive and physically healthy. Crying every time I think about it.

Was this reported on a lot outside of Australia?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 7:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Now we wait to find out who this horrible person is. DH told me he was just taken to a hospital after being in police custody? But honestly the main thing for now is that Cleo was found alive and physically healthy. Crying every time I think about it.

Was this reported on a lot outside of Australia?

I don't know the procedures in Australia, but I'm assuming it's a mental hospital. He's probably there for observation and assessment, to see if he's fit to stand trial.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 8:10 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I don't know the procedures in Australia, but I'm assuming it's a mental hospital. He's probably there for observation and assessment, to see if he's fit to stand trial.

supposedly tried to killhimself in jail

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
supposedly tried to killhimself in jail

Ugh I just looked this up and am just so ughhh. This guy's obsession with Bratz dolls, I couldn't read any more. What a creep. I'm just so happy Cleo is alive and gets a chance to live a life with her family. I cannot imagine what she and her parents/stepfather were going through. I hope the state is providing and encouraging tons of mental health care for all of them. How traumatizing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational