Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bklyn supermarket Salmon and fish store Salmon- difference?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 5:05 pm
Do you taste a difference between (Brooklyn) supermarket Salmon (like KRM or Bingo) and fish store Salmon?

If someone blindfolded you, would you be able to differentiate the two?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 5:08 pm
I don't think supermarkets don't get fish deliveries every day, so it might not be as fresh. I think KRM pricing is the same as Freund's (where their fish is from), so I'd prefer to buy from Freund's.

Lovable

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 5:13 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I don't think supermarkets don't get fish deliveries every day, so it might not be as fresh. I think KRM pricing is the same as Freund's (where their fish is from), so I'd prefer to buy from Freund's.

The pricing is not the same... Freunds is more
And KRM is always fresh. Wouldn't tell the diff

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 5:34 pm
Lovable wrote:
The pricing is not the same... Freunds is more
And KRM is always fresh. Wouldn't tell the diff

Thats what I thought. I used to buy a few portions at a time by Freunds and paid the same or more than for the whole salmon (sliced) in KRM.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 5:52 pm
I once compared the prices and it was the same. But KRM sometimes has specials on the whole salmon, making it cheaper.
Dh only likes baby salmon, so I don't buy at KRM

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 6:33 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I once compared the prices and it was the same. But KRM sometimes has specials on the whole salmon, making it cheaper.
Dh only likes baby salmon, so I don't buy at KRM

Ive never been in KRM that they didnt have Baby Salmon.

I davka dont buy baby salmon, because its a darker red, and Ive been told it gets injected with color.

Note: Many experts feel that wild-caught salmon from the West Coast is better for you than farmed salmon. Most Atlantic salmon on the market is farmed, and the flesh is often colored with dyes. Some farmed salmon also have high levels of PCBs, chemical compounds linked to a variety of ills.)

https://consumer.healthday.com......html

I see that baby salmon is always more red than regular salmon, so I assume it gets more "dye".

jfk92

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 8:00 pm
Hi
I recently stopped buying fish at krm and instead use freunds. I find it a bit fresher- but I dont overcook salmon so if your going to let it get to that point- I see no difference. Krm pricing is better, yes usually because its a sales price, but thats become a regular dependable sale item. I also find baby salmon there often. Big plus is because I go to freunds I will usually also buy another fish, but a whole one, which is perfect for shabbos night.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Nov 03 2021, 8:23 pm
The last couple of years the fish store salmon does not taste fresh. I like salmon from Gourmet or Breadberry. Bingos is pretty good too. KRM not such good quality.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries