Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
DS's training dragging on and on...pls help
Previous  1  2

momandteacher

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 1:28 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Just saw now that you asked me how those issues were solved.

DS kid who held in bm for a few days in a row very often (from around the age of 3-6)
- what helped in the end was some sessions of kinesiology. He was my first so he probably suffered from me and DH being very inexperienced and anxious.

DS who wet his bed every night till age 13
- Tried some alternative stuff - sacro-cranial treatment but didn't work.
- Dr Sagie's bell - tried it for 6 months and it didn't work, until he recommeneded we give it a break. About a month after we stopped, he suddenly started being dry (a few months after his bar mitzva). At some point I took it upon myself to say 'asher yatzar' with more kavana. I don't know if it helped (I hope it did) but it helped me appreciate when things go well.

DD who was dry and fine and totally toilet trained who went back to wetting I believe due to a strict teacher (will never know)
- waited patiently and it cleared up by itself b"H. It was every night so it didn't bother me so much.

I forgot also my youngest DD (now 11) was toilet trained for wee from about age 2.5, but always insisted on a diaper for bm. By this time I was b"H more relaxed and experienced - I put a diaper on for her every time. She always knew she had a big gift (a certain doll that she wanted) waiting for her in my closet for when she goes to the bathroom. One day when she was 3, the closet door was open and she saw the gift on the highest shelf, and said she wants it. So I said "let's try going to the bathroom next time you need" - and she did - and that was the end of the diapers, b"H.

So happy for your happy endings. Your asher yatzar idea is beautiful, and I only stand to gain by trying it.
I'm also learning that there's no substitute for experience! (but it gotta be earned... Wink )
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training