Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If you bought a house in Brooklyn
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:32 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Mid 7's are all either no parking or shared parking. I'd love to hear details of homes for these prices...

I suggest you look on Zillow. Look up sold homes around 31/32/NYA/34 and J/K/L/M

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:33 pm
The 4 bedroom needs a basement? Or has a basement?

I believe it's not a finished basement

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
I suggest you look on Zillow. Look up sold homes around 31/32/NYA/34 and J/K/L/M

Lol, that's literally my hobby LOL
I live in that area, and every house has it's story. Either it's tiny/needs work/ no parking etc. A move in condition nice sized 3 bedroom+ finished basement semi attached house with private parking is not possible to find for less than 850-875. Your post is giving people false hope.

Sunshine3

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:50 pm
Two houses in the 30s sold for 785 recently. Another one just sold for 799 . Another for 768, another for 769, another for 735... okay, so one of those didn't even have parking. Two of them had private parking. The rest had shared. Each totally move in condition, 3 bedrooms, semi-attached. A house nearby sold for 850, but that had a new roof, extension, four bathrooms, finished basement, etc.
Someone a few blocks away from me bought for 680... while some saw the house as a gut job, they saw it as an opportunity to buy, and they made it absolutely beautiful with a coat of paint, new floors, a 1st floor bathroom, and kitchen.
I'm just sharing the facts.
I happen to know of a great 4 bedroom thats for sale in the twenties, semi-attached, four bedrooms.. needs minimal work and a basement.. for 750.. You have to know the right agents, the right people, have friends looking out for you...

Can you pm about the 750 house that you know of? I may be interested in it.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:51 pm
Look around the 20s and 30s. I challenge you to find one block without at least two houses for sale.
Prices are going down because houses are literally sitting and sitting.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 1:00 am
Two houses in the 30s sold for 785 recently. Another one just sold for 799 . Another for 768, another for 769, another for 735... okay, so one of those didn't even have parking. Two of them had private parking. The rest had shared. Each totally move in condition, 3 bedrooms, semi-attached. A house nearby sold for 850, but that had a new roof, extension, four bathrooms, finished basement, etc.
Someone a few blocks away from me bought for 680... while some saw the house as a gut job, they saw it as an opportunity to buy, and they made it absolutely beautiful with a coat of paint, new floors, a 1st floor bathroom, and kitchen.
I'm just sharing the facts.
I happen to know of a great 4 bedroom thats for sale in the twenties, semi-attached, four bedrooms.. needs minimal work and a basement.. for 750.. You have to know the right agents, the right people, have friends looking out for you...

By recently we need to be clear. Houses in the thirties jumped by about 50K over the past year or so. As young families started moving out, people realized they could sell / ask / etc. Do a simple zillow filter: look at homes recently sold in 11210 for under 800K. You'll see that they either required a lot of work, didn't have parking, or were much farther out. Also note that the thirties down by Ave I will be cheaper than by K / L / M. Houses between J and M, in the lower thirties, decent condition, with parking... few and far in between for the 750 range.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 1:03 am
Lol, that's literally my hobby LOL
I live in that area, and every house has it's story. Either it's tiny/needs work/ no parking etc. A move in condition nice sized 3 bedroom+ finished basement semi attached house with private parking is not possible to find for less than 850-875. Your post is giving people false hope.

Seconding this. I know that many of the houses currently for sale, even if you could potentially get them for just under 8, either don't have parking, or need close to 100K of work at minimum.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 2:07 am
My parents house, 30s and M, were told by an agent a few years ago sell for about 900k. 5 bedroom, fully detached, private driveway, finished basement with 2 additional bedrooms.

But!

What I've heard recently from parents friends who are looking to sell their house and move is that houses are really sitting now in that price range unless they're exceptional. They have theirs on the market for 850k I think.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:27 am
I'm serious! There was a house on my block that sold fo 799 in the past few months... shared very wide driveway, totally move in condition. Someone on the next block bought for the LOW 7s, move in condition, wide shared driveway.
Okay, so if you're picky about a parking spot, then you're going to pay more.
But unless the house is really magnificant, it's going to sit if it's priced over 8.
There is a house that's been sitting and sitting on my block Move in condition, priced over 8. I just heard they may have a buyer.. not sure if they can even get 8. Another just went for sale on my block, priced almost 9... wonder how long it's going to sit... does have a private drivway though. Another house has been sitting for YEARS, priced over 8. Now it's down to mid-7s and people are finally putting in offers. Someone on my block bought for low 8s, brand new, detached house, fully redone and renovated, shared drivway. Someone else bought for mid-6s, needed under 100k of work, and they put a private spot that's easy to get into...
It depends on how picky you are. Someone else a block over bought for mid 7s, no parking, but they can easily put a carport for a few thousand dollars.
the 30s are definitely do-able.. for Brooklyn... still insane to spend almost a million on a tiny house...

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:58 am
I don’t mean to hijack this thread
With mortgage rates being so low,
How much more is the monthly mortgage if you go for a house 850k rather than 750k

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:59 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Look around the 20s and 30s. I challenge you to find one block without at least two houses for sale.
Prices are going down because houses are literally sitting and sitting.

Actually I'm in the 20s and in the past two years 7 houses sold on my block for way more than a million..it's definitely a seller's market in my neighborhood...

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 7:00 am
Just an fyi..do not buy a house in Bklyn if there is no driveway!!!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 7:18 am
fleetwood wrote:

This 10000000000 percent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:15 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
I don’t mean to hijack this thread
With mortgage rates being so low,
How much more is the monthly mortgage if you go for a house 850k rather than 750k

Probably around $500 monthly difference

goodmorning

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:21 am
Catmint, would you mind PMing me with your parents' address?

Thanks!

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:55 am
fleetwood wrote:
they should make a law that new houses being built must have a driveway or some sort of parking spot.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:03 am
Not everyone owns a car you know.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

Most houses could comfortably accommodate a horse/ donkey.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:14 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

It doesn't matter..u need a space for any visitors...Trust me.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:25 am
Many people rent out their driveways and parking spots because they don't need them.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries