Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Call the bus bully's mother?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 6:03 pm
My 5-year-old came home today reporting that a boy on the bus kissed him on the cheek, and that it made him feel bad. This is the same boy who, at various times last year and this year, has mildly teased my son and called him names. (The two of them also sometimes get along and act like friends.)

My son does not seem traumatized by the experience, but does think that what the other boy did to him was bad.

I know the boy's mother but this year we don't cross paths at the bus stop like we did last year. Is it worth it to track down her number or Whatsapp and get in touch with her to tell her about this?

I'm not sure how much she'd be able to change what her son does on the bus.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 6:05 pm
Is there a bus monitor you can talk to about it? Bus monitors saved me from some weird encounters when I was little.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 6:14 pm
No. The bus driver is a nice guy (non-Jewish). But there's no bus monitor.

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 6:18 pm
When my son had some negative experiences on the Bus in pre1a the school mashgiach took care of it. It never happened again. I would start with the school before you involve the parents.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 8:15 pm
I go straight to the menahel of my child . It gets resolved immediately that way.

Mindfully

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 8:23 pm
Contacting the boys mother doesn’t seem like a good idea. Try menahel or rebbe.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 8:26 pm
Call the school. Bh our school has a zero tolerance for bullying, especially on the bus. Anyone that bullies on the bus, can not go on the bus. The parents need to bring them to school.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 9:51 pm
No, don't contact the mom. Speak to the school.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 5-year-old came home today reporting that a boy on the bus kissed him on the cheek, and that it made him feel bad. This is the same boy who, at various times last year and this year, has mildly teased my son and called him names. (The two of them also sometimes get along and act like friends.)

My son does not seem traumatized by the experience, but does think that what the other boy did to him was bad.

I know the boy's mother but this year we don't cross paths at the bus stop like we did last year. Is it worth it to track down her number or Whatsapp and get in touch with her to tell her about this?

no way! have same issue with my neighbor! a 5 yr old sick boy who licks my daughter on her back... Puke Puke problem is that his mother is a dumb lady and I dont think if I tell her there will be a solution...bh they're moving away just hope soon because every day there is a story with this boy! I dont wanna let my daughter play in hallway but she's super playful is not traumatized (I am)

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

rereading your post and don't understand what the issue of kids kissing each other is...think it's adorable and the occasional teasing is so normal for 5 yr olds...this neighbor of mine is physically attacking my daughter

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 11:52 pm
I had something similar happen to my 1st grade son by a 3rd grader. He was really being inappropriate and was bullying my son. I called the assistant principal who was also in charge of bussing. I was pleasantly surprised that he took care of it right away. Literally within the hour the 3rd grade bully was called out of class and warned that he must never touch or say anything threatening to my son ever again. My son was brought to observe the meeting with the bully and the assistant principal and he was told to come to the office immediately if the bully ever starts up again. This happened in the beginning of the year and after that day nothing ever happened again. Because I contacted the assistant principal my son felt safe to go home on the bus again.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 11:54 pm
No bus monitor with 5 year olds? Why?

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Personally I wouldn’t send a 5 year old on the bus if I had any alternative. Speaking to 5 year olds doesn’t work when you aren’t there to supervise. Their is almost no supervision on most buses and as teachers we hear the craziest stories at times.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 12:50 am
I think it depends who that mother is.
It seems like you know her, how would she handle this situation?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers