Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
POLL IS OVER! Please Do Not Vote.
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

To the best of your knowledge, you've never had covid
And you're vaccinated  
 66%  [ 137 ]
And you're unvaccinated  
 33%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 206

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 8:16 pm
Never had covid. I even got antibodies checked and was negative. Hence I got vaccinated. And I have been tested a few times for covid since vaccinated and was always negative.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 3:39 pm
Since you did not put anything in the poll about getting COVID after vaccinating, you cannot prove from this poll the efficacy of the vaccine.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 5:05 pm
Oops, saw the bit about North America too late. I clicked that I'm vaccinated but I'm in Israel. Deduct me.

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 5:41 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Since you did not put anything in the poll about getting COVID after vaccinating, you cannot prove from this poll the efficacy of the vaccine.

This. The poll is ridiculous. Lots of people had covid and then got vaccinated a year later.

Also, the big question is how serious was the covid.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 7:08 pm
Iymnok wrote:

Nothing can be proven from a completely random poll taken anonymously on a website, so yeah.

For those who are vaccinated and feel that the sole reason that they haven't caught covid is the vaccine, they may find it interesting to note how many unvaccinated people have not caught it either. I do think this poll is interesting. If you don't, that's okay.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
This. The poll is ridiculous. Lots of people had covid and then got vaccinated a year later.

Also, the big question is how serious was the covid.

I'm specifically asking those who haven't had covid. So I'm not sure what your point is.

nicole81

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 8:14 pm
BH no one in my house has had Covid yet and we test everyone when they have any light symptoms. Everyone 12+ is vaccinated because we had no antibodies.

Last edited by nicole81 on Sat, Nov 06 2021, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 8:19 pm
But you don’t know how many people who got the vax got Covid before the vax and haven’t gotten it since. The vax isn’t retroactive so someone getting Covid and then getting the vax says nothing about the efficacy of the vax.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 8:19 pm
I think this needs had COVID options to. So you can see more numbers.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Never had covid. I even got antibodies checked and was negative. Hence I got vaccinated. And I have been tested a few times for covid since vaccinated and was always negative.

This is exactly me. Also knew I would TTC and didn’t want to be put in a position of needing to decided weather or not to vaccinate while preg.

Bh I’ll be 13 weeks iyh tom

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 8:27 pm
Never had covid was exposed a couple of times. Not getting vaxxed because at this point there are good treatments and chances of getting it are low because most are immune. Besides the point that I am scared on the vax.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 8:27 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
But you don’t know how many people who got the vax got Covid before the vax and haven’t gotten it since. The vax isn’t retroactive so someone getting Covid and then getting the vax says nothing about the efficacy of the vax.

I'm specifically speaking to those who have not had covid. Never. Had. Covid. (To the best of their knowledge)

Before the vaccine came onto the scene, everyone was at equal risk of contracting covid. So makes no diff. Everyone was in the same boat. Of those who made it through that period of time with no covid..... How many still haven't caught it?

That's the question.

If you have ever had covid, don't vote here.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 1:12 am
48 to 98

Still about half

Lol

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:51 am
Amarante wrote:
Interesting because reading some of the Corona threads would make one assume that everyone Jewish person had Corona and therefore taking precautions was completely unnecessary because they had already gotten COVID so what was the point?

Not every person had but if the poll would be also for vaccinated you would see if a larger amount would say they had it or not.
I personally would vote as I had it and am vaccinated.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:19 am
Many people on this website have expressed that they decided against getting the vaxx because they already had covid.
So this is going to be skewed

dessara

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:46 am
The reason this poll makes absolutely no sense is not because it wasn’t random, double-blinded, etc. The whole premise makes no sense. I’ll try to come up with a similar example but maybe smarter imamothers can come up with even better ones.

To the best of your knowledge you are thin:
Option 1: You are on a restricted diet
Option 2: You eat whatever you want

Since 50% of respondents replied that they eat whatever they want, restricted diets are only 50% effective in causing someone to be thin.

I find very interesting that many people think you should restrict your diet to become thin but yet, as seen on my poll, restricting one’s diet is only 50% effective in becoming thin.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:03 am
dessara wrote:
The reason this poll makes absolutely no sense is not because it wasn’t random, double-blinded, etc. The whole premise makes no sense. I’ll try to come up with a similar example but maybe smarter imamothers can come up with even better ones.

To the best of your knowledge you are thin:
Option 1: You are on a restricted diet
Option 2: You eat whatever you want

Since 50% of respondents replied that they eat whatever they want, restricted diets are only 50% effective in causing someone to be thin.

I find very interesting that many people think you should restrict your diet to become thin but yet, as seen on my poll, restricting one’s diet is only 50% effective in becoming thin.

Well, yeah, it would be ridiculous to extrapolate anything from this poll, because it's being taken by anonymous women in an unverified fashion on an anonymous website, and it doesn't control for a whole host of possible factors.

But no, I don't think the actual premise is ridiculous. I mean, I started the poll, so obviously I do think there is something to be gained from it.

If I were to run a poll and find that most thin women are just genetically blessed with a great metabolism, and their weight has nothing to do with their diet, it would open up a whole lot of questions about diet culture to me. (But that's really not the case. The vast majority of women over age 25 who are thin watch their weight at least to some extent. Under 25 is a separate category. Lol.)

dessara

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 12:52 pm
Let me break it down. This is the logical setup of your poll. You want to know if cause X will result in result Y. You then see how often result Y is or isn’t caused by cause X and you that data to make a conclusion about cause X. This is illogical.
It is a classic logic question in 9th grade algebra: if X then Y is definitely true then is if Y then X definitely true? The answer is No.

Here is another example:
Only reply to this poll if you have a bump on your head:
Option A: I was hit on the head with a baseball bat
Option B: I was not hit on the head with a baseball bat

Conclusion:
If only 50% of people with a bump on their head were hit on the head by a baseball bat, then it must be that hitting someone on the head with a bat only
causes a bump 50% of the time

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 1:05 pm
dessara wrote:
Let me break it down. This is the logical setup of your poll. You want to know if cause X will result in result Y. You then see how often result Y is or isn’t caused by cause X and you that data to make a conclusion about cause X. This is illogical.
It is a classic logic question in 9th grade algebra: if X then Y is definitely true then is if Y then X definitely true? The answer is No.

Here is another example:
Only reply to this poll if you have a bump on your head:
Option A: I was hit on the head with a baseball bat
Option B: I was not hit on the head with a baseball bat

Conclusion:
If only 50% of people with a bump on their head were hit on the head by a baseball bat, then it must be that hitting someone on the head with a bat only
causes a bump 50% of the time

But isn't that exactly how the CDC calculates the effectiveness of vaccines?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But isn't that exactly how the CDC calculates the effectiveness of vaccines?

No, because the CDC, unlike you, knows how to conduct a study.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics