Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
POLL IS OVER! Please Do Not Vote.
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

To the best of your knowledge, you've never had covid
And you're vaccinated  
 66%  [ 137 ]
And you're unvaccinated  
 33%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 206

challahchallah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Post the link without any tags.

That’s what I did the first time and it didn’t work. Now I just gave up and made a tinyurl

https://tinyurl.com/98jeczvu

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:20 pm
Not vaccinated.
Never had Covid until I tested positive just this morning!
I'm happy I didn't get the vaccine, though, and have zero regrets that I didn't. I'm not feeling well, but I've had much worse colds than this.
I'll test for antibodies once I'm better, IY"H.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:20 pm
challahchallah wrote:
No. In an anonymous, unverified, uncontrolled way, this poll tells you how likely someone (within the imamother population) who’s never had Covid is to choose to get the vaccine. To be able to see how effective the vaccine is, you have to compare the chance of getting Covid with and without the vaccine.

By the way, I thought about this and your premise doesn't make sense. Some vaccinated people got covid after being vaccinated. And some did not (and these are the people we are polling).

So this poll does not tell you how likely uninfected people are to vaccinate, since a percentage of those who got vaccinated did then catch covid, and are therefore not voting in this poll. Since they are not voting in this poll, you cannot gather data about what they were thinking back when they got vaccinated.

So I don't understand the premise.

50 people haven't caught covid. When the vaccine rolled out, 25 get vaccinated. 25 do not get vaccinated.

Of the 25 who got vaccinated, 8 then caught covid. Of the 25 who did not get vaccinated, 14 then caught covid. None of these people are voting in this poll.

The remaining 25-8=17 and 25-14=11 voted. So how does this establish what their thought processes were at the time of vaccination?

challahchallah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
By the way, I thought about this and your premise doesn't make sense. Some vaccinated people got covid after being vaccinated. And some did not (and these are the people we are polling).

So this poll does not tell you how likely uninfected people are to vaccinate, since a percentage of those who got vaccinated did then catch covid, and are therefore not voting in this poll. Since they are not voting in this poll, you cannot gather the data about what they were thinking back when they got vaccinated.

So I don't understand the premise.

50 people haven't caught covid. When the vaccine rolled out, 25 get vaccinated. 25 do not.

Of the 25 who got vaccinated, 8 then caught covid. Of the 25 who did not get vaccinated, 14 then caught covid. None of these people are voting in my poll.

The remaining 25-8=17 and 25-14=11 voted.

I was being generous, but you’re right, this poll tells you nothing predictively, even with all the caveats of an imamother poll.

It tells you retrospectively, of the population of people on imamother who have never had Covid and chose to answer a poll, how many of those chose to vaccinate. There are no more conclusions you can draw.

You seem to want to gain a better understanding of statistics. Have you considered enrolling in some courses to learn more? There are community college classes that aren’t very expensive, many of which are virtual.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:31 pm
challahchallah wrote:
I was being generous, but you’re right, this poll tells you nothing predictively, even with all the caveats of an imamother poll.

It tells you retrospectively, of the population of people on imamother who have never had Covid and chose to answer a poll, how many of those chose to vaccinate. There are no more conclusions you can draw.

Correct, on its face that is all this poll can tell you. However, the numbers seem to align somewhat with real life, as I mentioned upthread.

challahchallah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Correct, on its face that is all this poll can tell you. However, the numbers seem to align somewhat with real life, as I mentioned upthread.

The numbers align with what in real life? Can you point me to what dataset you’re referring to? It’s a long thread so I must have missed the reference.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:48 pm
DH and I got vaccinated before Pesach. Our teenagers were vaccinated before the summer. We had some possible exposures but never caught covid until after the latest chaggim when our younger children caught it at school. They were symptomatic with fever and congestion. Our teenagers then tested positive but were asymptomatic. I caught it a couple of days later and it felt like a mild flu with body aches and cold symptoms. I was grateful to have such minor symptoms because I am higher risk due to my weight. DH never even tested positive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:52 pm
challahchallah wrote:
The numbers align with what in real life? Can you point me to what dataset you’re referring to? It’s a long thread so I must have missed the reference.

Observation
And data I saw released just prior to release of the booster
Should I link some articles?
Moderna scored slightly better than Pfizer which scored better than J & J
But mostly somewhere around the 50 percent mark in term of preventing infection
And higher than that for preventing hospitalization and death

challahchallah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Observation
And data I saw released just prior to release of the booster
Should I link some articles?
Moderna scored slightly better than Pfizer which scored better than J & J
But mostly somewhere around the 50 percent mark in term of preventing infection
And higher than that for preventing hospitalization and death

Again, you cannot draw any insights from this survey. None. It simply cannot be done without knowing what percent contracted Covid in both groups.

If you want to draw fun (but meaningless) correlations though, we can. Currently on the survey it says 68% are vaccinated. That is the same percentage as Americans who haven’t drawn up a will or other form of estate planning, made at least one major financial mistake before 30, report being religious or believing in a higher power, and get news from social media.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:43 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Again, you cannot draw any insights from this survey. None. It simply cannot be done without knowing what percent contracted Covid in both groups.

If you want to draw fun (but meaningless) correlations though, we can. Currently on the survey it says 68% are vaccinated. That is the same percentage as Americans who haven’t drawn up a will or other form of estate planning, made at least one major financial mistake before 30, report being religious or believing in a higher power, and get news from social media.

How many times would you like me to repeat "agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey" ?

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. It is all unverified data.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. We do not have the total numbers for each of these two groups (vaccinated and unvaccinated), which is critical information when evaluating how likely each group is to catch covid.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. It's a very small data pool.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. It is just for interest's sake.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. Also, nothing meaningful can be drawn from any survey on this website.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. And I said that at the start of this thread.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. I simply found it interesting, key word, interesting- that the results seemed to match up with real world data.

challahchallah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How many times would you like me to repeat "agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey" ?

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. It is all unverified data.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. We do not have the total numbers for each of these two groups (vaccinated and unvaccinated), which is critical information when evaluating how likely each group is to catch covid.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. It's a very small data pool.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. It is just for interest's sake.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. Also, nothing meaningful can be drawn from any survey on this website.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. And I said that at the start of this thread.

Agreed, nothing meaningful can be drawn from this survey. I simply found it interesting, key word, interesting- that the results seemed to match up with real world data.

Ok, and I find it interesting that this poll seems to match up with real world data on estate planning.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:48 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Ok, and I find it interesting that this poll seems to match up with real world data on estate planning.

And I find it interesting that you didn't start this thread and insist on being snarky to me on a completely innocuous inoffensive thread. Why does this thread bug you? It's completely innocuous. Does it bother you that I find something interesting which you do not? I'm sorry. I have different interests than you do. Feel free to start your own thread.

challahchallah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And I find it interesting that you didn't start this thread and insist on being snarky to me on a completely innocuous inoffensive thread. Why does this thread bug you? It's completely innocuous. Does it bother you that I find something interesting which you do not? I'm sorry. I have different interests than you do. Feel free to start your own thread.

I stepped into this thread because you claimed that:

amother [ OP ] wrote:
So vaccine effectiveness rates in the real world is calculated based on a similar methodology to the one being used in this poll. Except it's not being done over in anonymous unverified fashion, as in this poll.

This is blatantly false, as I and other posters have explained to you numerous times. And yes, by repeating over and over again how “interesting” it is that two datasets “align,” you’re implying that they’re related. If it’s pure interest in similar but unrelated numbers, why are you so offended by my comparison of similar numbers?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:46 pm
challahchallah wrote:
This is blatantly false, as I and other posters have explained to you numerous times. And yes, by repeating over and over again how “interesting” it is that two datasets “align,” you’re implying that they’re related. If it’s pure interest in similar but unrelated numbers, why are you so offended by my comparison of similar numbers?

Vaccine effectiveness in the real world IS calculated in a similar fashion to this poll, in that it does not control for factors such as other protective measures each person is taking- which is what I pointed out. This offends you somehow.

I never suggested that an Imamother poll is science. It is not.

That I find it interesting that the data sets align implies nothing other than that I find it interesting. Could they be related? Maybe, and I did open up that possibility, but not necessarily, and I opened up that possibility too. I'm willing to go either way on this one.

I would be thrilled to participate in your thread about how this poll aligns with whatever it is that you are interested in- how many people have pimples on their chin? I'd love to hear your insights. On your thread. Thanks.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 1:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Vaccine effectiveness in the real world IS calculated in a similar fashion to this poll, in that it does not control for factors such as other protective measures each person is taking- which is what I pointed out. This offends you somehow.

I’m really not offended. I am fascinated though—so you genuinely believe that vaccine efficacy in the real world is calculated without any data or information on how many people caught Covid (similar to this poll)?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:34 am
challahchallah wrote:
I’m really not offended. I am fascinated though—so you genuinely believe that vaccine efficacy in the real world is calculated without any data or information on how many people caught Covid (similar to this poll)?

It is obvious that I did not say that.

wondering
Scratching Head

Real world data simply cannot control for other protective measures taken by the individuals in the study, since it is real world data, not clinical trials. As with the Lancet study you linked.

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 9:04 pm
Wanted to update, one of our kids who is too young for the vaccine recently tested positive, and the rest of us vaccinated kids and adults in the house have been negative bh.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:26 pm
OK. This poll has hit 200 so I would like to close it out. Thanks to all who participated. How do I close it?

Now, my next question is.... For those that haven't had covid, are you Blood Type O? Just asking based on a rumor I heard. I'm curious if there's anything to it or it's just an old wives tale. (I have Blood Type O and haven't had covid).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:30 pm
And our final results are....

Drum roll please

135 vaxxed to 65 unvaxxed.

So like I initially suggested, the vaccinated numbers are about double the unvaccinated numbers.

This is not surprising to me at all.

Basically, on this site, half as many unvaccinated people haven't had covid as vaccinated people that haven't had covid.

The unvaccinated group is a sizeable percentage of the vaccinated group.

Yes, half is a large percentage.

Make of that what you will.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And our final results are....

Drum roll please

135 vaxxed to 65 unvaxxed.

So like I initially suggested, the vaccinated numbers are about double the unvaccinated numbers.

This is not surprising to me at all.

Basically, on this site, half as many unvaccinated people haven't had covid as vaccinated people that haven't had covid.

The unvaccinated group is a sizeable percentage of the vaccinated group.

Yes, half is a large percentage.

Make of that what you will.

This is getting weirder and weirder.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics