Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
New laptop: buy now or wait till black friday?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:33 am
I need a new laptop. The one I used to use just died.

I have another one that's not great that I can use temporarily but its slow and has lots of problems.

Is it worth it to wait for black Friday for a better deal? Or is the whole thing overblown and I'll get the same price either way?

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:00 am
It depends what you're shopping for, but you should be able to get a much better deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday if you can wait that long.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:11 am
I got really good deals last week including a laptop from lenova.com. ( it was over 30 percent off) I think many stores are doing deals all months. Things will not be much cheaper Black Friday since everyone is shopping anyways so the deals won't be so great just more hype.

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:23 am
There are great sales the weeks(s) before black friday, if you wait until the actual black friday they may not have the good deals in stock.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:44 am
Can anyone post good deals? Looking for a decent laptop in the $300-400 range.

miami85

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:05 am
doctorima wrote:
It depends what you're shopping for, but you should be able to get a much better deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday if you can wait that long.

Most years I would say wait until "Black Friday" but this year with supply chain issues, many stores are moving up their "Black Friday" sales, also "Black Friday" deals tend to be "cheaper" in more ways than just the price or they are extremely limited in supply.

You can probably start looking now. Lot's of places are having "Black Friday" deals all November.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics