Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Flat stomach-possible? how *should* I look @9 months PP?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:34 pm
I'm 9 months PP and still wearing maternity tights Sad
I feel so blah about my body.
I look at my closet full of all my dresses from sheva brachos/when I was single and want to cry.

When I look in mirror and my body is turned to side im pretty flattened bh but its just so loose and flubbery. how can I tighten that?

my body is just...curvier now.
even my chest which only got a drop bigger makes my chest girth big. all my dresses are tight on the bodice

im doing cardio and ab workouts and it isnt working!

im in my early 20s and look bad! and I work with 2 women who are 32 and have 7 kids and they are teeeny tiny!!!

hodeez

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:40 pm
Welcome to the wonderful world of shapewear. Control top tights are the only ones I wear when I'm not pg

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:41 pm
hodeez wrote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of shapewear. Control top tights are the only ones I wear when I'm not pg

lol. everything has just gone downhill since I had her Can't Believe It
I want to lose 8 lbs but theyre so stubborn they dont go anywhere

did ur body change alot since u got married?

hodeez

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
lol. everything has just gone downhill since I had her Can't Believe It
I want to lose 8 lbs but theyre so stubborn they dont go anywhere

did ur body change alot since u got married?

I've always been curvy, but now even more so. If I exercise and eat well I lose the weight, but if not I gain like crazy. Instead of trying to fit into my pre-kid clothes (yah right), I wear loose swing dresses and straight dresses with a belt for a defined waist.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:00 pm
9 months postpartum im usually just a size or 2 above usual, and very mushy.
I start real exercising about 7 months pp.
If I keep it up religiously, and involve HIIT training, cardio and tons of muscle building, (as well as diastasis recti exercises because I have that), then at about 13, 14 months I go back to my usual size.
I keep up the exercise and by 1.5-2 years post partum im just like I was pre birth.

Same thing by every birth.
Not easy, lots of hard work, but to me its worth it.you

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:07 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
If I keep it up religiously, and involve HIIT training, cardio and tons of muscle building, (as well as diastasis recti exercises because I have that), then at about 13, 14 months I go back to my usual size.
I keep up the exercise and by 1.5-2 years post partum im just like I was pre birth.

2 years after birth I got my flat stomach back. I look just like before. But it took time, 9 months PP is quite soon. You are still up a lot at night with the baby and can't focus on yourself too much. I find when they start walking and eating solids, mom's can start focusing more on themselves.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:10 pm

any helpful youtube videos you like in particular?
by the time I get home from work @5 its a whirlwind of playing with her, supper, bath time, then I eat supper then I want to shower and then its already 9:30 and im too zonked to excercise

ive been doing 20 min videos 3x a week and I go on a walk 2x a week but its not doing much
I try to console myself with the idea that at my work I have to walk up 7 flights of stairs every 30 mins to get a kid so I view that as my baby weight loosing time!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
2 years after birth I got my flat stomach back. I look just like before. But it took time, 9 months PP is quite soon. You are still up a lot at night with the baby and can't focus on yourself too much. I find when they start walking and eating solids, mom's can start focusing more on themselves.

I keep telling myself I wont get pregnant until I get back to my pre baby body Sad

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
any helpful youtube videos you like in particular?
by the time I get home from work @5 its a whirlwind of playing with her, supper, bath time, then I eat supper then I want to shower and then its already 9:30 and im too zonked to excercise

ive been doing 20 min videos 3x a week and I go on a walk 2x a week but its not doing much
I try to console myself with the idea that at my work I have to walk up 7 flights of stairs every 30 mins to get a kid so I view that as my baby weight loosing time!

20 min cardio 3 x week would never do it for me. I just find youtube videos for HIIT workouts and do at least 2 30 min videos per week. The other nights I do at least 15 min of strength training, like through fitnessblender videos. If im really conked I'll do treadmill walking, but up hill. 5 nights a week needs to be a form of exercise for me to see results

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:21 pm
20 min cardio 3 x week would never do it for me. I just find youtube videos for HIIT workouts and do at least 2 30 min videos per week. The other nights I do at least 15 min of strength training, like through fitnessblender videos. If im really conked I'll do treadmill walking, but up hill. 5 nights a week needs to be a form of exercise for me to see results

thx for the motivation!
ill check out fitnessblender
I like pamela reif a lot

any HIIT vids u recommend?

lovingmommy3417

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:21 pm
My body is very different than pre baby even though I weight the same. I didnt have any hips before or tush and now I do. Therefore a lot of skirts or dresses that used to fit dont anymore. You should buy yourself some new clothes that you feel good in, eat well, exercise, be kind to yourself, and give yourself time. You birthed a baby! Your new body is way more amazing than your old body!

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:22 pm
Maybe not what you want to hear, just sharing my perspective. I have 7 kids Bh and after some I lost the weight, after others I did not. (Like first 2 I didn’t and had them close in age, and after 3rd got very into it and lost it all- back to the weight I wanted).

I just make sure to get some clothes that I feel good in at the weight I’m at.

Now I’m not there yet, just starting to diet 6m pp but I’m not super pressured. I try to rewrite those messages and love my body for what it is. And appreciate all the hard work it’s done, and will continue to do b’ezras Hashem.

lovingmommy3417

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:24 pm
Also, a lot of those women who have great bodies after multiple children just have great Gene's. I was talking to one woman on how she stays thin after 6 kids and she told me she has to try hard to keep weight on! Everyone has their struggles and insecurities. Learn to love the body you have!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:25 pm
ty ladies
I just dont want to keep going up sizes...
my SIL was a 00 and is now a 10 after 5 kids

I want to feel healthy most importantly

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thx for the motivation!
ill check out fitnessblender
I like pamela reif a lot

any HIIT vids u recommend?

I love growingannanas!

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:34 pm
Every person is different and you still really just had a baby 9 months ago... with carefully diet and exercise you'll get back to your original weight!
I find we pressure ourselves a lot with weight - I need to hear this myself lol 😆-

Just keep it as a goal and you'll get there it might take a year or longer with consistent work... depending on how much you want to lose etc...

Good luck! I'll be in the same boat shortly pregnant right now...

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:34 pm
What is HIIT?

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm 9 months PP and still wearing maternity tights Sad
I feel so blah about my body.
I look at my closet full of all my dresses from sheva brachos/when I was single and want to cry.

You don't want to be single again, you don't want to be childless. Bh a baby is the greatest gift in the world!
Of course if you want to lose weight and tone up you can and posters gave great suggestions, but for heavens sake, dont cry!! It's the greatest cause.

amother [ OP ] wrote:
ty ladies
I just dont want to keep going up sizes...
my SIL was a 00 and is now a 10 after 5 kids

Sometimes that happens, and it's not always in our control. I hope you're not being judgemental of her.

Also, keep in mind that your body shape changes after birthing a human being. So even if you weigh the same much as before, it doesn't mean that the clothing from your single days will fit.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:50 pm
Working out regularly will definitely help.
But there may still be stretched out loose skin that unfortunately never will be the same.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I keep telling myself I wont get pregnant until I get back to my pre baby body Sad

And then you won't want to ruin the perfect body you worked so hard to get back knowing from experience how pregnancy will wreck it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise