Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is average female height dropping? (S/O puberty age 10)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:27 pm
If early puberty=shorter height, then does that mean the dropping of the average age means women are getting shorter?

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 10:29 pm
I don’t know but I can tell you five years from now people will definitely be blaming this on kids getting vaccinated from COVID

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:03 pm
If you don't know if it's happening, how can you know whether people will blame something for it?

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:06 pm
Yes height has dropped after having increased for the previous 2 generations.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:03 am
I hear chemicals in food/water are causing premature puberty. Also too much soy added to everything.
Soy is similar to estrogen.

These chemicals may also be causing "trans" issues as they act like artificial hormones.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:24 am
I got my period at 9.5 over 30 years ago. I am 5'1" and shorter than most women in my family. I have a 13 year old who got her period at 11.5 and she's still growing. She's taller than me for months already.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:40 am
Not that this is scientific, but I didn’t get my period regularly till 12.5 and I’m really short.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:30 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I hear chemicals in food/water are causing premature puberty. Also too much soy added to everything.
Soy is similar to estrogen.

These chemicals may also be causing "trans" issues as they act like artificial hormones.

Soy may be new to the American diet but is not new to humanity. Japanese have been eating large amounts of soy for centuries with no "trans" issues.

Hormone fed livestock is a recent development, so I'd be more likely to suspect that.

But honestly I think most "trans" issues are just the power of suggestion. Most adolescents are uncomfortable in their bodies. Someone with an agenda comes along and says "you're uncomfortable with your body/identity? You must really be a boy!" And that's what's causing 95% of the issues.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:58 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Not that this is scientific, but I didn’t get my period regularly till 12.5 and I’m really short.

12.5 is younger and when did you get it the first time? In our family most girls get around 15-17.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:12 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Soy may be new to the American diet but is not new to humanity. Japanese have been eating large amounts of soy for centuries with no "trans" issues.

Hormone fed livestock is a recent development, so I'd be more likely to suspect that.

But honestly I think most "trans" issues are just the power of suggestion. Most adolescents are uncomfortable in their bodies. Someone with an agenda comes along and says "you're uncomfortable with your body/identity? You must really be a boy!" And that's what's causing 95% of the issues.

Soy from generations ago and possibly Japanese soy can't be compared to today's American soy, which is genetically modified.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:14 am
Japanese and shorter and yes they eat soy (though they didn't eat the GMO soy that we're eating in "vegetable" oil.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:39 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Soy from generations ago and possibly Japanese soy can't be compared to today's American soy, which is genetically modified.
This, they were eating fermented unmodified soy products. And btw the genetic engineering Is to make it “roundup ready” so there is a mountain of pesticide there too these days.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:51 am
I got my period at 11 and a half and I'm almost 5"4, shorter then my mother who may she live and be well is 5"6. My sister got it when she was older and is tall but I don't think I'm short compared to other frum women.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:09 am
I got my period at 14, daughters between 11&13 and we are all the similar height between 5'1 and 5'2''

BubblyBubby

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:12 am
No, I don't think so.
It means that girls would grow faster or earlier.
Like my friend's 13-year-old daughter who is about 178 cm...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:38 am
I don't think that age of period is the whole picture. Genetics for sure plays a role. I have a DD who is really petite, and she did not get her period at a young age.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:47 am
What is with the obsession with height? I don't get it.

DD started her period at 12.5. She's 18 now, and her height seems to have plateaued at 5'1". She is perfectly content with herself, and has no self esteem issues.

Her birth mom is 5'3", so DD may grow a few more inches, or she may not. DD doesn't care either way. As long as she can see over the dashboard of her car, she's happy! LOL

ETA: At no time did any of her doctors suggest that there was anything wrong with her development in any department.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:03 am
I got my period at 11 and im 4"10. Its a topic I like to hear about. My daughter is now 11.5 and 4'8 at the moment. Im holding my breath hoping she wont get it early like me...
My siblings are all on the short side but not my height. Their all between 5"2 and 5"5.
Im giving her chlorella growth factor, anyone had any good results with this or other advice?
I lived on a very unhealthy diet as a child and im trying hard for my daughter to eat as healthy as poss. BH she likes good food and is a good eater. I was a fussy eater and lived on junk as a child.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:03 am
I got my period at 11 and im 4"10. Its a topic I like to hear about. My daughter is now 11.5 and 4'8 at the moment. Im holding my breath hoping she wont get it early like me...
My siblings are all on the short side but not my height. Their all between 5"2 and 5"5.
Im giving her chlorella growth factor, anyone had any good results with this or other advice?
I lived on a very unhealthy diet as a child and im trying hard for my daughter to eat as healthy as poss. BH she likes good food and is a good eater. I was a fussy eater and lived on junk as a child.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 3:33 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Curious to hear more about the chlorella growth factor? Was it recommended specifically for growth? I’ve seen chlorella used for many different issues but not height, and I always understood that “growth factor” was like plant growth hormone, full of enzymes but not something that helps humans grow.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics