Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Frequency of haircut

gootlfriends

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:06 am
I have a 5 year old boy. He has thick straight hair. I cut it myself with a home kit. I have been doing it every rosh chodesh. Is that the norm? It grows pretty fast. Occasionally I do a professional cut like for a simcha.

hodeez

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:52 am
Idk do what looks good and works for you. My son hasn't had a haircut in months and looks great

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:41 am
My four year old needs every month but he’s a literal nightmare to give haircuts too (like certain barbers had to stop in the middle or they refuse to even start with him) so we only push him every 3-4 months.

cuffs

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:50 am
Is there a thing not to get a haircut on rosh chodesh?

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 10:55 am
My kids all have thick hair mostly curly. Once a month is good. By 6 weeks they look like shaggy dogs. Used to give 4s now 3s. They ask me for 2s but I just can't!

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:11 am
Not everyone's hair grows at the same rate, and not everyone's hair looks bad when it's a bit on the longish side. Do what works for you and don't worry about the timetable. There are finicky men who get their hair trimmed once in two weeks and others who can go for months without a trim and look fine. In general, shorter hair needs more frequent trimming to maintain its shape, but some lucky people have hair that lies right even as a cut is growing out. IME fine, thin, straight hair can go longer without a trim than thick, bushy, curly hair.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:14 am
I average once every month to month and a half. My seven year olds hair puffs up in the back and the yamulka slides around so I try to cut his more frequently.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:20 am
cuffs wrote:
Is there a thing not to get a haircut on rosh chodesh?

Yes, I thought so too….

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:25 pm
We do 4s. I start nagging at around the 6 week mark which is all it takes for some of my boys to jump in line and for others it has to start physically bothering them because they agree for another haircut...

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:27 pm
We don't cut hair or nails on Rosh Chodesh.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:54 pm
OP probably means, erev rosh choidesh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers