Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Shrinking Burger

smile

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:23 am
I need foolproof tips how to make beef burger that don't shrink. (Can be fried or baked)
I tried so many different ways and they always shrink.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:25 am
They will always shrink. Its the nature of meat. Make them slightly larger so they shrink down to the size you want.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:26 am
Meat will always shrink. It's the nature of how the muscle tissue responds to heat, combined with cooking out fat, and any water that is in there. (Some places add a certain percentage of water to raise the weight of the burger.)

The trick is to figure out how much your meat will shrink, and then make the patties that much bigger, so that they will come out the right size in the end.

Adding a few eggs and some breadcrumbs can help keep the patties from shrinking too much. You can add finely chopped onions as well. It's really good.

Living Princess

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:47 am
The leaner the beef the less it will shrink

jellybelly94

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:49 am
Agreed . Meat always shrinks but I make them the size of the plastic half pound disposable containers. I have found tht size to be good n it shrinks to drop smaller than the size of a burger bun. Also makes rly nice circles and can throw out rite after so no contamination problems!!! I pat down ground beef mixture (ground beef w onion soup mix nothing else best best flavor ever!!) To not too thin not too thick and make circles w tht container. Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics